SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Post from Mike's daughter - sad news (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/352051-post-mikes-daughter-sad-news.html)

m1k3 11-29-2014 06:02 AM

Post from Mike's daughter - sad news

Hello everyone, this is Mike's daughter. I wanted to let you know that he passed away Thursday evening. He died peacefully in his sleep probably from a heart attack, at the age of 60. He passed surrounded by his grandkids for the holiday. I know this group was a huge part of his life and I know that everyone here helped him get through some difficult times, so thank you.

Seren 11-29-2014 06:07 AM

What incredibly sad news! Words cannot express how very, very sorry I am for your loss. I know that he was so happy to move to Tennessee to be closer to his family.

You have my deepest sympathies.

LexieCat 11-29-2014 06:07 AM

OMG, I am so, SO sorry to hear that! Mike was truly a shining light here. I had been away from the forums for a year or so and even though he hadn't been posting much lately, he made it a point to welcome me back. When he lived in NJ I lived nearby and I had always hoped we could meet for coffee sometime.

I am happy that his passing was peaceful, though, and that he had his loved ones close by. He sounded so happy to have the chance to spend time with them after the move, and I'm so glad he got that.

He will be very, VERY missed by me and many others here for his wisdom, humor, and the occasional needed kick in the pants (always delivered gently).

He, and his family, are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thumper 11-29-2014 06:14 AM

Oh no :(

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. He was such a positive part of this community.

firebolt 11-29-2014 06:15 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this. Mike was one of the first people to give me a gentle shove towards awakening when i first got here in a mess of a state. Sending you and your family love and peace. What a wonderful person he was.

Cathryn2001 11-29-2014 06:16 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. Mike made some amazing contributions to this board. His wise words really helped me on many occasion. You and your family are in my prayers. xo

Hawkeye13 11-29-2014 06:18 AM

I learned a lot from Mike.

I am glad he was with his family.

I will miss him--thank you for letting us know :grouphug:

AnvilheadII 11-29-2014 06:19 AM

oh no! Mike brought so much to all of us here with his wisdom and gentleness. I am so very sorry for your loss and deeply moved that you found the time to let us know. you are always welcome here! much love.

tess

Katchie 11-29-2014 06:25 AM

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. He is also a great loss to SR. I appreciate all the helpful advice he has given me and countless other hurting people. I will be praying for your family during this time.

PaperDolls 11-29-2014 06:41 AM

Oh my goodness. Mike will be greatly missed. I am so sorry for your loss.

Hammer 11-29-2014 06:45 AM

Angel gone home.

Sorry for your (and our) loss.

Peace to you all.

Thank you for having shared him with us.

He helped MANY people. I am one.

suki44883 11-29-2014 06:51 AM

I am so sorry to hear this news. Mike was one of the people whose posts I most enjoyed reading. He was a great contributor here at SR and he will be missed by many.

redatlanta 11-29-2014 06:59 AM

I always loved his posts. On my list of people on here that I would like to meet he was one. I am so sorry - thank you for letting us know.

Opivotal 11-29-2014 07:00 AM

I'm so very sorry to hear this news. I also enjoyed reading his posts. Sending prayers to you and your family during this difficult time. :hug:

Redheadsusie 11-29-2014 07:09 AM

Please accept my deepest sympathies. Sending you love and hugs from Virginia

HealingWillCome 11-29-2014 07:25 AM

I am stunned. And so sad. Thank you for letting us know.

Peace to all of you. You are all in my prayers.

Jaeger 11-29-2014 07:38 AM

Such sad news. I looked forward to reading Mike's posts. You have my prayers!

airwick 11-29-2014 07:45 AM

I have been here a short while, so I am still confronting new SR people everyday.

I am sorry for your lose, and I send love and a breeze if happiness your way :)

CodeJob 11-29-2014 07:50 AM

He indeed was gentle with the truth. I will miss Mike here. I'm so glad he was with those he loved when he died. Peace, love and laughter to all he held dear.

Hollyanne 11-29-2014 07:56 AM

Oh my goodness.
I am so very sorry for your loss.
You are very generous to come on here and tell us this sad news, in your own grief.
Condolences to all who cared for Mike.
Very sad news. Wonderful that he was with his loved ones and went peacefully.
:candle6D: