SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Post from Mike's daughter - sad news (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/352051-post-mikes-daughter-sad-news.html)

suki44883 11-29-2014 07:40 PM

For those who may have missed the post...I have started a candle group at gratefulness dot org. Please feel free to go there and light a candle in honor of Mike. The group name is m1k3.

Group *m1k3* Candles - Light A Candle

marie1960 11-29-2014 09:48 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Mike's shared experience and kind words truly has made a positive difference in my life. I will miss my cyber friend, and his voice of reason.

Hugs to you and your family.

healthyagain 11-29-2014 09:54 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and prayers.

theuncertainty 11-29-2014 11:52 PM

I'm so, so very sorry. Thank you for taking time to let us know. Sending love and wishing you peace.
Michelle

Mountainmanbob 11-30-2014 12:11 AM

I am so very sorry for your loss.

In our prayers.

M-Bob

LadyinBC 11-30-2014 02:11 AM

I am so sad to hear this :(. I loved his posts, blunt and always straight to the point, he will be missed.

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayer. Thank you so much for letting us know.

lizatola 11-30-2014 07:53 AM

So very sorry to hear this. He will be missed here at SR. Sending thoughts and prayers out to his friends and family today.

neferkamichael 11-30-2014 08:10 AM

Oh great Mother Goddess Isis
you have taken our beautiful friend m1k3
to the realm of eternal peace
where he will find happiness forever
Oh Goddess
There is great sadness
A cherished one has gone
Emptyness engulfs me
Loss languishes within
Help me bear this grief
http://www.34thdimension.com/images/.../2011/isis.jpg
Accompany their spirit
Comfort we who grieve
Let us rejoice in their life
May their essence be recorded
In the Great Book of Shadows
Renew our remembrance with joy

greeteachday 11-30-2014 12:18 PM

I'm so sorry! Mike was a valued member and I always sought his wisdom. Prayers and good thoughts for all who love and miss him.

jarp 11-30-2014 05:42 PM

I'm also so sorry to hear thi snews. Mike made me feel welcome and always gave such sensible advice, in such a caring manner - I always paid extra attention to his posts as they had wisdom and experience. Take care.

iamthird 11-30-2014 06:01 PM

My condolences to his family and loved ones. He will definitely be missed.

Ursula745 11-30-2014 08:04 PM

:cries3:

So very sad to hear that. Glad he was surrounded by family. He touched many lives in a very positive way.

Argnotthisagain 11-30-2014 10:16 PM

I'm stunned.....
So very sorry to you and the rest of the family, and friends.
He was a friend to all here, too. So wise and kind.

Thank you for letting us know.

hopeful4 12-01-2014 08:57 AM

I am so so sorry to hear this. Mike was a wonderful and giving person. My condolences to the family.

Thank you for letting us know. My prayers are with you and your family.

God's peace.

SoloMio 12-01-2014 09:20 AM

Oh, my! I am so sorry..

I strongly related to mike and his posts--we both are from New Jersey, we both are about the same age, we both spent many years living with an alcoholic spouse; plus I related to his posts about spirituality.

So, I personally drew a lot from his experiences, insights, wisdom and his choices, and I was so happy to hear he had moved out to TN to be closer to his children. It is a blessing to be among family when the time comes to move on.

Thank you so much, Mike's Daughter, for passing along this very sad news. My sincere condolences for you and your family, and please know that your dad made a very big difference to many people here.

Refiner 12-01-2014 09:23 AM

Oh my gosh... I am so sad to learn of this. So unexpected. I haven't been on this forum for long, but I always thought Mike's post were so full of wisdom and kindness. God bless you and your family during this difficult time.

MyGirlGracie 12-01-2014 10:21 AM

"Mike's Daughter"... thank you for letting us know of your loss... it is our loss too. Mike was someone I connected with here on SR and I will miss his insight and input. I hope you are finding peace and know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hollyanne 12-01-2014 10:39 AM

This is one of Mike's posts from march 2013,

I have arrived.
I am home.
I am safe.

In the here and now
I am solid.
I am free.
I am at peace.
In serenity
I dwell.

God Bless Mike.

FireSprite 12-01-2014 12:05 PM

I was so stunned reading this news when it posted that I couldn't even respond, but I have thought about Mike all weekend long.

I'm a little taken aback at having such a strong reaction to losing someone I've never met IRL, someone who I wouldn't recognize if I passed him on the street. He was one of the first people I connected with here at SR & I always looked forward to hearing his Buddhist/suffering is optional/glass half full optimism... whether it was a response to my posts or another member, I always made sure to read when I saw that Mike responded.

I find it amazingly ironic that someone who seemed to grasp gratitude so well would leave us on Thanksgiving Day. I'm so happy he was able to make the move to be closer to his loved ones & enjoy his final days surrounded by positivity.

His passing reminds me that we never know how short our Earth Time is & that there is no reason to live a moment of it more miserably than we have to. I can practically hear him telling us to live our recoveries fiercely & not settle for anything less than the everything that we deserve. He will be very missed here at SR, my deepest condolences to his family.

Jaeger 12-01-2014 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Hollyanne (Post 5050617)
This is one of Mike's posts from march 2013,

I have arrived.
I am home.
I am safe.

In the here and now
I am solid.
I am free.
I am at peace.
In serenity
I dwell.

God Bless Mike.

Thank you, Hollyanne, for posting this.