SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Sad-Funny Quack (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/347979-sad-funny-quack.html)

FeelingGreat 10-16-2014 06:32 AM

I really did lol when I read your OP. You could just never take it seriously.

lillamy 10-16-2014 07:04 AM

Amazing, isn't it? I sometimes really think they print that stuff on the back of the receipt for people who buy more than X bottles of booze a week.

I actually got a similar e-mail shortly after my divorce -- telling me that there was no risk he would ever want me again because I had gotten disgustingly fat. OK then. We're in agreement on one thing at least -- that we're DONE. *shaking my head*

firebolt 10-16-2014 09:29 AM

:c029: - after I stopped laughing, all I can think about is how utterly horrible he must feel about himself to send you that.

So glad you are in the place you are - I'm sure that text made you really regret leaving him and getting him away from your kids.

:c008:

littlesister1 10-16-2014 09:46 AM

I am starting to wonder if your X is one of my fathers "long lost" sons (he's been married 9 times)

My father pulled this kind of crap and worse

Baffling

Fandy 10-16-2014 09:52 AM

"Ebola will GET you"? does it have legs and can run through the door, like Cooties?
Douse this man have know how annoying he is? He obviously has nothing to do other than obsess.

Good grief, if you can keep him away from the kids it's a blessing. Perhaps he needs a job so he can support his own children?

maia1234 10-16-2014 10:24 AM

My stbxah weighs himself every day. He needs to look good. It doesn't matter to him, that he has had continuous diarrhea for a good 10 years, he shakes and sweats, besides what the alcohol has done to his liver and the pot has done to his lungs for the last 34 years.

He told me the other day when I told him he was going to die from this disease "I have to die from something" WOW!!

steelman1649 10-16-2014 10:28 AM

Amazing to see how childish some men will act during EDC (Ego Damage Control)

lillamy 10-16-2014 11:18 AM

He didn't mean Ebola, he meant the terrorists. The terrorists will get you. They hate when you're having a bad hair day, WTBH.

wanttobehealthy 10-16-2014 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by lillamy (Post 4958782)
He didn't mean Ebola, he meant the terrorists. The terrorists will get you. They hate when you're having a bad hair day, WTBH.

Lol...

It really is just laughable how ridiculous his drunk rants sound... And yet for a LONG time I would reply to them and try to convince him that he was being out of line and defend myself... Ugh...

And I second and third the bizarre relationship between A's slowly killing themselves and their obsession with health...

He spent endless money on supplements and vitamins and organic food for himself but smokes and drinks like no ones business and sees no connection in terms of the insanity of it...

:headbange

lillamy 10-16-2014 11:30 AM

Oh, but let me tell you the connection -- my ex informed me after he went healthnutcrazy post-rehab: It's because he's doing all these healthy things that it's OK for him to drink and smoke. It evens out, see. That's the explanation I got.

I feel a little bit bad making fun of the alcoholic reasoning, but I also have to say that my codependent reasoning wasn't much brighter. Once when I saw his credit card bill and saw what he had spent at the liquor store in a month, I went and spent the same amount on random online shopping. Because that made perfect sense. Let's BOTH be financially irresponsible, that'll solve everything. *rolling my eyes*

wanttobehealthy 10-16-2014 11:46 AM

Yeah I sort of feel like I can laugh the alcoholic thinking ONLY bc of how crazy I was in responding to it for so long...

My participation in the crazy dance was just as crazy as his...

Justifying my behavior bc of what he did was just as insane as anything he's done...

My behavior meaning calling him endlessly, trying to keep tabs on him and his spending etc...

Just thinking about how insane I was at times makes me anxious...

LadyM87 10-16-2014 12:27 PM

Honestly and truly, I see a therapist that happens to specialize in addictions and what she says is so damn true "ALL ALCOHOLICS ARE THE SAME!" There is NO rationalizing with them - there is no sound reason for their behaviour - they are all narcissistic (now I know this is a stretch but if not all, most at least!) They just love to put us down and ruin us - I feel for you and your family.
xoxoxo

stella27 10-16-2014 02:44 PM

My XH and his new wife have made comments about the unsanitary conditions my kids live with.

In a house they have never been invited into and never will be.

Tentindependent 10-17-2014 06:49 AM

Since he's so anxious about infectious diseases maybe he could use one of these. It might act like a germ 'scarecrow' and chase the real thing away!

https://www.emlab.com/app/store/Stor...wItem&item=561

healthyagain 10-17-2014 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Tentindependent (Post 4960467)
Since he's so anxious about infectious diseases maybe he could use one of these. It might act like a germ 'scarecrow' and chase the real thing away!

https://www.emlab.com/app/store/Stor...wItem&item=561

OMG, I am so tempted to get one of these for my AH now. I mean, Halloween is almost here, right?

Bullfrog 10-17-2014 11:39 AM

Sounds just like texts I get from my XAH.

pixilation 10-17-2014 01:06 PM

Last year, ex posted on facebook a clip of Taylor swift's song "we are never getting back together'and dedicated it to me. Um, alright pukeface, i'm pretty sure i'm the one that left you, and had(and continue to have)no intentions ever of being with again.

littlesister1 10-17-2014 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy (Post 4957658)
XAH whose weight fluctuates wildly lately (I see him once a week at exchanges of the kids and he's become noticeably thin) no doubt a result of his addictions, sent me this quack text tonight...

I should preface this by explaining that I look like hell lately bc I've been sick w a cold for a week and look like death warmed over. I also am no longer skeletal as I was much of the last 2 years bc of stress. I'm 5'4 and about 110 lbs and xAH tells me regularly I am overweight.

Got this text about 10 min ago. It should come w a message that says "this message brought to you courtesy of whiskey"

"One of the things I used to value about u was ur physique and skin tone. Douse it occur to u to ever view urself in a mirror? U have let ursf go beyond repare and ur a poor model of what a woman looks like for ur daughters. Ick. No man will ever want u. Alone. And Ebola will get u all because u have no concern for hygiene. I will seek legal help to protect my daughters..."

I remember my dad yelling at my mama (all 90 pounds of her) that she was hte ugliest woman he had ever seen and that not even a blind man woud want her.
Of course mama says "Then why do YOU want me?"

That was one that ended up with the cops hauling his ass to jail (one of many times)

wanttobehealthy 10-17-2014 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by pixilation (Post 4961071)
Last year, ex posted on facebook a clip of Taylor swift's song "we are never getting back together'and dedicated it to me. Um, alright pukeface, i'm pretty sure i'm the one that left you, and had(and continue to have)no intentions ever of being with again.

Yeah when he launches into his "no man will ever want you" BS w me I do sometimes fall prey to replying and simply point out "I left you remember?"

That usually shuts him up pretty quick :)

wanttobehealthy 10-17-2014 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by littlesister1 (Post 4961100)
I remember my dad yelling at my mama (all 90 pounds of her) that she was hte ugliest woman he had ever seen and that not even a blind man woud want her.
Of course mama says "Then why do YOU want me?"

That was one that ended up with the cops hauling his ass to jail (one of many times)

Good comeback from your mom :). Though it's very sad to hear what she and you went through witnessing that kind of abuse by your dad toward your mom :(