SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   The point of no return (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/340238-point-no-return.html)

redatlanta 07-28-2014 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by healthyagain (Post 4806250)
I am really really not proud of the slap and I've been crying whole morning and slept for 3 hours, and I know I fell for it. The feeling is horrible. I just did not recognize baiting because the words were unbelievable. I have no excuses, I should have walked away, or just removed myself, just something, anything but not be around him.

Maybe I am lucky, maybe I am not. It is like when you invest your whole life into something to work, and when that fails, you just do not care what happens to you. Unfortunately, noone else heard when he told me to go and f*** the neighbor next door, that I am a stupid f*** bitch, that we are not even married (and this one killed me, because if you only knew what we had to go through) . . . noone hears door slamming, banging, cuss words . . . And all that because of a sandwich?????

He paints this perfect picture of us as a couple. He would not want the world to know that we ever argue. In conversations, it is always "my wife is so great", "my wife knows this and she does that," " oh we so perfect, we're best buddies." This is why I said that coming out in public, even if that meant me being screwed for life, would not be such a bad idea.

I have a plan for this evening. I will not be around my so-called husband.

You have my sympathies honey. I have been there so enraged I saw spots. Unfortunately the police don't care about banging doors and screaming and cussing - they only care about physical altercations.

I believe every word you wrote - that's why I said I understand. I am sorry if I put you on the defensive was not my intent if you felt that way.

Just don't want to see you pay the price for someone's a**holery.

Glad you have a plan.

mejo 07-28-2014 04:23 PM

Oh, I have been there. Although, this reminds me of a girl I knew. She was telling me that her ABF would get abusive with her a lot. One day she fought back, maybe a little too early in the fight cuz he called the cops on her and she went to jail. He did this even tho she have never once called the cops on his abuse. Never know how you are gonna be played.

Fandy 07-28-2014 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler (Post 4805689)
I spent long nights thinking of ways to kill him and not get caught. Do you have a place to go?

I also had these fantasies, 23 years later his alcoholism did it for me, leaving a huge mess for our daughter to clean up...turned out that he made no attempt to file taxes, uncashed stock dividend checks totaling over 30k, IRS lein on one house, no will.
A liter of vodka a day, every day.

healthyagain 07-29-2014 07:35 AM

Thank you for your replies!

Now, he was increeeeeedibly nice yesterday. He did not drink and he did not pout in his room.

I did not make him dinner, he had to cook for himself, and I went to my favorite restaurant and got myself my favorite soup.

And he still was incredibly nice and he even gave me a kiss before he went to work.