SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   What's the Blog many of you recommend? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/299674-whats-blog-many-you-recommend.html)

Argnotthisagain 07-02-2013 11:59 AM

What's the Blog many of you recommend?

Hi everyone,

There's a blog I've noticed many of you recommend, but I can't remember the name.

I did find "CynicalOne"'s blog, and it is excellent. Full of excellent articles on Codependency, Red-Flags, Abuse, etc. etc.

But I can't remember the other one, which sounds good.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!!!!!

Javajoetoes 07-02-2013 02:27 PM

"Through An Al-Anon Filter: self-control"
Just found it myself and it is lovely. Think i might be the one you mean I saw it recommended in a post.
through an al anon filter

Argnotthisagain 07-02-2013 02:52 PM

Oh thank you jjt! Actually I don't think this was the one I'm thinking of, but I am definitely going to check this. It looks very good!!

CarryOn 07-02-2013 02:56 PM

Someone (sorry, I'm not sure who) recommended Chip In My Heart...

Theres a Chip in My Heart... | "With a chip in my heart, faith in my recovery and serenity in my grasp I can greet the dawn" – Courtney

Dandylion has recommended this website before...lots of good articles...not sure if this may be one...

Relationships In Recovery,Anger In Addiction Recovery,Married to Alcoholic,Regaining Trust in Recovery

Argnotthisagain 07-02-2013 03:04 PM

Thanks CarryOn....
No that wasn't the specific one either but it also sounds really good!

Everything helps!

The one I'm thinking of has a one or two word name.

allforcnm 07-02-2013 03:42 PM

Its not a blog, but I recommend this site to everyone. It was created under a partnership with National Institute of Drug Abuse, and has lots of info and is very easy to read: HBO: Addiction

LexieCat 07-02-2013 04:13 PM

I can most definitely say this is NOT the blog you are referring to, but nevertheless, it is my all-time favorite. It happens to be an AA blog, but the guy who writes it (who goes to great pains to conceal his identity and that of anyone who writes to him or about whom he writes--going so far as to refer to people as "them" to avoid identifying anyone even by sex) is amazing.

He has sponsored people in AA for many years, and has many years of recovery. His blog, which is billed as an "AA sponsor blog" is often hysterically funny, sometimes moving, always wise. If you want to see what real recovery is all about for the alcoholic, and how tough and mundane and ridiculous it can all sometimes be, I highly recommend that you surf around it a bit: "Mr. Sponsorpants".

Seren 07-02-2013 04:48 PM

Hi everyone,

Just FYI, some links have been removed under SoberRecovery Rule No. 1:

1. No Advertising:...

Do not post links for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other "vested interest" to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums, blogs, or web sites by web site owners. This includes posting messages for the sole purpose of promoting personal agendas that are not appropriate in the opinion of forum moderators. We do not allow links to other blogs or forums in posts anywhere on the forum.

Please feel free to share the name of a blog you like. Most of these can be found using an internet search engine. :)

LexieCat 07-02-2013 05:10 PM

Oops, sorry, hg--I know about not posting commercial links, but forgot about the other bit.

Tuffgirl 07-02-2013 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by LexieCat (Post 4048367)
I can most definitely say this is NOT the blog you are referring to, but nevertheless, it is my all-time favorite. It happens to be an AA blog, but the guy who writes it (who goes to great pains to conceal his identity and that of anyone who writes to him or about whom he writes--going so far as to refer to people as "them" to avoid identifying anyone even by sex) is amazing.

He has sponsored people in AA for many years, and has many years of recovery. His blog, which is billed as an "AA sponsor blog" is often hysterically funny, sometimes moving, always wise. If you want to see what real recovery is all about for the alcoholic, and how tough and mundane and ridiculous it can all sometimes be, I highly recommend that you surf around it a bit: "Mr. Sponsorpants".

I love Mr Sponsor pants, and I am not an alcoholic. I check in a few times a month. He's very good.

LoveMeNow 07-02-2013 09:19 PM

A poster here named Cynical One has a great blog with lots of information.

edit - oops, I see you found it.

Argnotthisagain 07-02-2013 09:45 PM

Thanks Dear Friends...I've checked the sites and blogs you mention. GOOD STUFF!! THANKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUU!

I'm still looking for the one that started me on this thread though. I'm pretty certain the name starts with a "B". I KNOW I've seen it recommended recently at least twice!!! ARG! It's driving me nuts!

LexieCat 07-03-2013 05:22 AM

Do you know approximately when it was mentioned? Have you tried using "advanced search" to look for a mention in this forum of the word "blog"?

Argnotthisagain 07-03-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by LexieCat (Post 4049172)
Do you know approximately when it was mentioned? Have you tried using "advanced search" to look for a mention in this forum of the word "blog"?

Hey Lexie! Good idea! Hadnt occured to me to just search posts for the word , "blog". Haaaaa! :tongue: :wavey:

But I like that I've collected a nice little bunch of resources!

Argnotthisagain 07-03-2013 10:09 AM

Lexie!! It Worked!! It's a post IN cynical-one's blog, called, "King Baby Lecture"

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-lecture.html

Excellent stuff!!

Thank you, everyone!
Hmmm, why not just continue adding good stuff you find to this thread? Things we can find at SR, or through Google.