What's the Blog many of you recommend?

Old 07-02-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question What's the Blog many of you recommend?

Hi everyone,

There's a blog I've noticed many of you recommend, but I can't remember the name.

I did find "CynicalOne"'s blog, and it is excellent. Full of excellent articles on Codependency, Red-Flags, Abuse, etc. etc.

But I can't remember the other one, which sounds good.

Can anyone help?
Thanks!!!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"Through An Al-Anon Filter: self-control"
Just found it myself and it is lovely. Think i might be the one you mean I saw it recommended in a post.
through an al anon filter

Last edited by Seren; 07-02-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Removed link: Against SR Rule No. 1
Old 07-02-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh thank you jjt! Actually I don't think this was the one I'm thinking of, but I am definitely going to check this. It looks very good!!
Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Someone (sorry, I'm not sure who) recommended Chip In My Heart...

Theres a Chip in My Heart... | "With a chip in my heart, faith in my recovery and serenity in my grasp I can greet the dawn" – Courtney

Dandylion has recommended this website before...lots of good articles...not sure if this may be one...

Relationships In Recovery,Anger In Addiction Recovery,Married to Alcoholic,Regaining Trust in Recovery

Last edited by Seren; 07-02-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Removed Link: SR Rule No. 1
Old 07-02-2013, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks CarryOn....
No that wasn't the specific one either but it also sounds really good!

Everything helps!

The one I'm thinking of has a one or two word name.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its not a blog, but I recommend this site to everyone. It was created under a partnership with National Institute of Drug Abuse, and has lots of info and is very easy to read: HBO: Addiction
Old 07-02-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I can most definitely say this is NOT the blog you are referring to, but nevertheless, it is my all-time favorite. It happens to be an AA blog, but the guy who writes it (who goes to great pains to conceal his identity and that of anyone who writes to him or about whom he writes--going so far as to refer to people as "them" to avoid identifying anyone even by sex) is amazing.

He has sponsored people in AA for many years, and has many years of recovery. His blog, which is billed as an "AA sponsor blog" is often hysterically funny, sometimes moving, always wise. If you want to see what real recovery is all about for the alcoholic, and how tough and mundane and ridiculous it can all sometimes be, I highly recommend that you surf around it a bit: "Mr. Sponsorpants".

Last edited by Seren; 07-02-2013 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Link Removed: SR Rule No. 1
Old 07-02-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi everyone,

Just FYI, some links have been removed under SoberRecovery Rule No. 1:

1. No Advertising:...

Do not post links for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other "vested interest" to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums, blogs, or web sites by web site owners. This includes posting messages for the sole purpose of promoting personal agendas that are not appropriate in the opinion of forum moderators. We do not allow links to other blogs or forums in posts anywhere on the forum.

Please feel free to share the name of a blog you like. Most of these can be found using an internet search engine.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Oops, sorry, hg--I know about not posting commercial links, but forgot about the other bit.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I can most definitely say this is NOT the blog you are referring to, but nevertheless, it is my all-time favorite. It happens to be an AA blog, but the guy who writes it (who goes to great pains to conceal his identity and that of anyone who writes to him or about whom he writes--going so far as to refer to people as "them" to avoid identifying anyone even by sex) is amazing.

He has sponsored people in AA for many years, and has many years of recovery. His blog, which is billed as an "AA sponsor blog" is often hysterically funny, sometimes moving, always wise. If you want to see what real recovery is all about for the alcoholic, and how tough and mundane and ridiculous it can all sometimes be, I highly recommend that you surf around it a bit: "Mr. Sponsorpants".
I love Mr Sponsor pants, and I am not an alcoholic. I check in a few times a month. He's very good.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

A poster here named Cynical One has a great blog with lots of information.

edit - oops, I see you found it.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Dear Friends...I've checked the sites and blogs you mention. GOOD STUFF!! THANKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUU!

I'm still looking for the one that started me on this thread though. I'm pretty certain the name starts with a "B". I KNOW I've seen it recommended recently at least twice!!! ARG! It's driving me nuts!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Do you know approximately when it was mentioned? Have you tried using "advanced search" to look for a mention in this forum of the word "blog"?
Old 07-03-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Do you know approximately when it was mentioned? Have you tried using "advanced search" to look for a mention in this forum of the word "blog"?
Hey Lexie! Good idea! Hadnt occured to me to just search posts for the word , "blog". Haaaaa!

But I like that I've collected a nice little bunch of resources!
Old 07-03-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Lexie!! It Worked!! It's a post IN cynical-one's blog, called, "King Baby Lecture"

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-lecture.html

Excellent stuff!!

Thank you, everyone!
Hmmm, why not just continue adding good stuff you find to this thread? Things we can find at SR, or through Google.