SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT-Realizing my dreams, a bit at a time (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/238162-ot-realizing-my-dreams-bit-time.html)

LaTeeDa 10-24-2011 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wahkeena Falls.

LaTeeDa 10-24-2011 09:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And the historic Oneonta Tunnel, which was originally constructed in 1914 and restored and reopened (for pedestrian traffic only) in 2009.

StarCat 10-25-2011 10:41 AM

Oh how gorgeous!

LTD, thank you so much for sharing these! <3

fedup3 10-25-2011 10:54 AM

LTD, they were just beautiful! Boy, I would have loved to have personally seen these sites.

Tuffgirl 10-25-2011 10:56 AM

Looks like an amazing trip. You are very talented!

TakingCharge999 10-25-2011 11:01 AM

OMG those are gorgeous. Wonderful pictures they made my day, thank you for sharing LTD. I am glad you had a great time. I canīt get over the waterfalls...

Nothing sexier than a man doing housework..... or RVwork. ..

I laughed at "cabana boy" !

LaTeeDa 10-25-2011 05:23 PM

You guys are the best. You have no idea how much I appreciate you cheering me on. It was a wonderful trip and now, alas, it is time to put away the RV for the winter. Not the camera, though!

L

LaTeeDa 10-25-2011 05:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Luckily, I live in a beautiful part of the country where photo ops are plentiful without traveling too far. :)

Tuffgirl 10-26-2011 09:52 AM

I love the tunnel photo - such depth and interesting angles to it.

I have to say I ordered a canvas-stretched photo - if any of you remember - the Redwoods - it hangs in my bedroom and I just love it! And its cool to say I *know* the photographer! ; )

TakingCharge999 10-26-2011 12:47 PM

Yeahhh I also plan to buy one in the future :) its not only the pictures that are beautiful, its knowing the person behind the lens and all her wisdom, experience, strength, kicks in the a$$...

Today in a few hours I got an appointment to get a friendīs portrait for my photography short course! now a friend is excited and putting on makeup, and I am worried about the light but I got a small mirror with me... hopefully that will work..

Look what you caused :) that is what recovery is about right, someone is out there, doing what she loves, enjoying life and it is contagious... a chain effect...

LaTeeDa 10-26-2011 12:52 PM

TC, I generally don't do portraits, but I hang around photog forums, so here's a tip I picked up. Use a piece of white poster board or one of those thingies you put in the windshield of the car to block the sun. That way, you can reflect the light where you want it and make your friend look stunning. ;)

And thanks so much for the kind words.

L

LaTeeDa 10-26-2011 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl (Post 3149574)
I love the tunnel photo - such depth and interesting angles to it.

I have to say I ordered a canvas-stretched photo - if any of you remember - the Redwoods - it hangs in my bedroom and I just love it! And its cool to say I *know* the photographer! ; )

Tuffgirl,

I just wanted to thank you publicly for your support. I am humbled that you liked one of my photographs enough to purchase it and hang it in your sanctuary.

I also want to thank you for the information you posted about the Alaska Maritime Highway. It's on my bucket list. :)

L

skippernlilg 10-26-2011 05:22 PM

Ok, I'm ready to caravan in our family's 5th wheel. Say the word, and we're there.