SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   XABF made of point to tell me he's not drinking??? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/203291-xabf-made-point-tell-me-hes-not-drinking.html)

LaTeeDa 06-21-2010 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by gingercharlie (Post 2631816)
She said, "You can't pick out and purchase happiness from a Pottery Barn catalog."

Love that! That's a very wise friend you have.

L

gingercharlie 06-21-2010 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by dkaye26 (Post 2631940)
Yes, the realization that it was/is a lie is hard. That's an understatement.

Somehow today I had a much better day. Yesterday was awful.

Gingercharlie, your ex would love for you to get your strength back, and not need him, and go back to him. That's what they want, not to be needed or questioned. And so, is that the kind of boyfriend you want? One that will likely leave you high and dry (no pun intended) the second you have a problem? What is a relationship for if not to experience the good times and help each other through the bad. I have learned this the hard way. I got strong, believed in my ex again, and he unceremoniously dumped me again a year later. No explanation. No goodbye. No apology. Nothing...he cut and ran. I may be wrong—i'm certainly no expert—but this is what they do. They leave when you need them.

Hang tough.

I think XABF would love for me to get my strength back, JUST so that he can avoid feeling guilty.

I really don't think he has any desire to get back together. He's moving on, and fast.

FarawayFromCars 06-21-2010 09:23 PM

GC,

One simple sentence:

You deserve better.

Sending you hugs....

wanting 06-21-2010 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by gingercharlie (Post 2632217)
I think XABF would love for me to get my strength back, JUST so that he can avoid feeling guilty.

I really don't think he has any desire to get back together. He's moving on, and fast.

My experience is that he may think he wants that, but as soon as you stop giving a $hit, he'll creep his way back into your life if you let him.

spinwc 06-22-2010 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by wanting (Post 2632290)
My experience is that he may think he wants that, but as soon as you stop giving a $hit, he'll creep his way back into your life if you let him.

I agree with this 100%. This is exactly my problem right now.

Jadmack25 06-22-2010 04:07 AM

GC posted this comment: (( He used to hear my car pulling up in the driveway and opening the garage, and he would come to the garage door to wait for me to give me a welcome-home kiss and hug. Right up until the day he broke up with me.

How do I make mySELF feel that loved and wanted? ))

He either fell "out of love" with you overnight, sometime between when he welcomed you with kisses and hugs, up to telling you it was over.
OR

He got cold feet sometime after you called him on his boozing, and he still went thru the actions of Loverboy, and acted as if nothing was wrong.

Either way, he is a creep, with the ethics and moral backbone of a jellyfish.

He is incapable of a real, genuine and heartfelt relationship with a human being, because he already has his mind and body given over to alcohol dependence.

IT has NOTHING to do with YOU, as a person, or as a woman.

Do every single thing you know, can or learn about, to dislodge this picture of him as someone special, wonderful, all powerful in your life, OUT of your mind.

He is not someone special, just another ordinary, common garden variety drunk.
He is not wonderful, he is manipulative, selfish, cowardly, insensitive and pathetic.
He is not all powerful, but weak, unable to face reality or be honest to you.

He was a jerk, is a jerk and will continue a jerk til he wakes up to himself, if ever.

Do not be jerked around any more by this jerk.

God bless

spinwc 06-22-2010 04:29 AM

Thanks Jadmack-I needed to hear that too!

gingercharlie 06-23-2010 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by wanting (Post 2632290)

I'm very afraid that I will let him, even knowing what I know now.

wanting 06-23-2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by gingercharlie (Post 2633687)
I'm very afraid that I will let him, even knowing what I know now.

Maybe you will. Your HP might kick your a$$ over it though. :) Some of us need to learn the same lesson a few billion times before we listen.

gingercharlie 06-23-2010 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by anvilhead (Post 2633710)
ok, let's challenge that........WHY? knowing what you know, WHY would you allow someone of his caliber and ilk back into your one precious life?

To regain control?

nodaybut2day 06-23-2010 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by gingercharlie (Post 2633764)
To regain control?

Would you really have control, or just the illusion of it?

BabsyGirl 06-23-2010 01:09 PM

GingerCharlie,

Nice to meet you. I hope your heart heals and you find someone that is healthy in mind and body...and loves you just as much as you love him.

The worst way to love someone is to sit next to them, knowing they don’t love you back. I wish you the best.

ladyhawk69 06-24-2010 02:00 AM

If he tries to creep back in like the creep that he is, ask yourself one question:

What can he offer me? You will most likely say nothing!