SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Off topic-dumb question about marriage (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/198475-off-topic-dumb-question-about-marriage.html)

Thumper 04-09-2010 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by anvilhead (Post 2565143)
really drove home to me how much i like My little routine, and even tho i gripe about always having to cook, i LIKE to cook, i like OUR food, even when i can't for the life of me figure out what to have for dinner.....i like stuff my way. and that is perfectly OK in MY house! i like the way hank and i work, when it's just us. and our silly dogs. and i like inviting people over, not just having them show up. sigh.

Despite the fact that my kitchen drawer is a jumble, I couldn't agree more with this!

It is wonderful to live alone for all those reasons.

TakingCharge999 04-11-2010 12:03 PM

So yesterday when "bf" was out, I danced, did some yoga, put my music, played with my cats, and was cooking a great meal while watching a show I enjoy very much.

Then he arrived and told me if we should leave to watch a football game and pushed for going fast, I told him I was going to enjoy my meal and he needed to wait.

But of course it was not the same as if I was alone and watched americas next top model or read People or just enjoy my damn meal with time for one day of the week.

So we go watch the game. Later on his stomach issues make me leave the room, they were so bad, yuk. Also its funny but my foster cat also has these "odors" (was told its normal due to lactancy) ... the cat is ok... but HE can do something, like NOT eat trash all the time? ugh.

Can't wait to live by myself. At least now I am just placing his clothes in his closet, no longer washing his then resenting it because I don't have time for my stuff. He said he would leave as soon as he is able to.. $$.. but for now its also convenient for me to share the rent...

I am also released now that I think I do not want to marry or at least now now. *****! my savings are just mine again. :).

Thanks to SR I appreciate the pressure was on due to him, $ pressure, living like a frustrated housewife pressure, now I feel more like myself.

PS Thanks anvilhead, I put some more money pressure and he just gave me back 1/3rd of what he owed me. Get this.. because I was totally BROKE.. and he said "why didn't you tell me you needed the money"

Ok so he had it but I was not starved enough for him to start giving it back.

Ok excuse me while I get stuff out of the mattress, this one sucks so I am selling it and need to take pics with everything clean.

Now with the $ he gave me back I can take my camera to repair, :) !

Jadmack25 04-11-2010 03:49 PM

TC, the sooner you are on your own, the sooner you get to be really happy, content and un-bloody-flustered, as it seems to me that for a while now you have bf causing static on your wavelength.

No-one to drag you away from your interests, interfere with your routine or lack of one, no nagging, suggesting, pleading, borrowing or sending body odours running amok in the house.

Ah...Bliss.

God bless

transformyself 04-12-2010 03:50 AM

I LOVE this thread. I'm so glad I live alone with my kids. The puppy kept me up last night, but he's just a baby, not a stumbling, drunken idiotic grown man.

TC, I'm wondering why you would lift a finger, do one single thing to help someone who won't go outside to fart?

Also, about these resentments you have regarding his not returning your acts of kindness: have you ever talked to him about them? Told him how it makes you feel and asked for him to be more conscious?

My experience was that when I did, AH conveniently "forgot" or used it to feel like a victim. He'd say he had to walk on eggshells around me because I wanted so much from him.

Seriously, some folks just aren't compatible. The relationship Cats Pajamas describes makes the most sense to me. Easy like..

TakingCharge999 04-12-2010 03:57 AM

Sorry for my last vent!!

Well he said he doesn't want to go anywhere and wants to live with me.
That our issues are not as big as our "love" and even when he doesn't like stuff about me he stays because he is happy next to me......
I told him I preferred to be alone to feel better and have a better relation with him and life in general and see things under a diff light than playing house, that I felt old..very old.

So.. he said "ok but you'll let me get on my feet first right.???" so that's a few months....

Anyway I felt asleep in his arms and when I woke up I felt much easier. We went for icecream then watched old "Lost" episodes.

He washed the dishes and swept the floor.

He also said I didn't seem to care.. and to place myself in his shoes... for some reason it was easier for me to see his efforts.

In any case I feel better I got an idea of what I need, for now I also got the foster cats and expenses so I am ok, at least knowing one day either he goes or I save enough to and its me that leaves.

It is much easier when one has a plan......

Anyway, I got another dumb question. Can I ????

Who pays for the wedding? when you married was it 50/50? Should the male pay everything??

TakingCharge999 04-12-2010 04:02 AM

Hey transform, what are you doing in my thread so early????

I worked since 3 am, YAY!! ugh!! at least my cats are here...

TakingCharge999 04-12-2010 04:09 AM

Thanks transformie, I didn't read your post until now.

Yes that is my main question = I told him today, its not even talking about romance just standard civilized cohabitation? yuk.

I love the comment "you got to accept me as I am" right.

Don't get me started about his feet.... or spitting...

Anyway I am writing more things on that list I mention, "things to keep the peace" and if there is some effort -I am willing to listen- I think I can avoid going MAD until the Great Escape.

I also ask about weddings NOT because I plan to wed anytime soon, just to know what is "normal".....?

TakingCharge999 04-12-2010 04:18 AM

I got anti gas chewing gum.
He knows and doesn't use them.
He states he is NOT sick even if in a year I can fully attest he is.
Denial..
Sounds familiar..