SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Now STBXAH is in a rush for the divorce (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/150045-now-stbxah-rush-divorce.html)

Barbara52 05-16-2008 11:05 AM

Now STBXAH is in a rush for the divorce

My divorce can go forward. The mortgage company agreed to push back foreclosure another 60 days so STBXAH won't be filing for bankrupcy thereby putting the divorce on hold. So I've hired an attorney to walk it thru the courts, the settlement agreement is signed and notarized. It should be final within a few weeks.

Now STBXAH is emailing me wanting to know why he hasn't gotten the paperwork yet, why its taking so long, blah, blah, blah. I guess his cybergirlfriend and he are getting anxious to marry even though they haven't even set eyes on each other yet. I told him if I wasn't moving fast enough for him he was welcome to fork out the money himself to hire an attorney to work faster. That shut him up since of course he doesn't have any money 'cause he still doesn't have a freakin' job.

But I'm happy to pay the few hundred this will take. It will be a wonderful weight off my shoulders to get the legal stuff done.

hbb 05-16-2008 11:50 AM

My first reaction to reading this was i can't even believe he's already pursing another marriage or whatever it may be but then i came back to reality and remembered what and who we are all dealing with and what brought us here in the first place!

Good for you for staying so strong through all of this. I'm sure you are so glad that this is almost behind you.

p.s. how's the new car treating you ;)

cmc 05-16-2008 12:01 PM

That's good news and hopefully you'll soon be done with all of this and be able to move forward.

Rella927 05-16-2008 12:25 PM

Barb ...Breathe it is almost over that is great news! Keep moving forward! When this is all done the peace will surround you even more! :a194:

Barbara52 05-16-2008 12:31 PM

Thanks to all of you for your support and help getting me to this point. I feel great. Life is good. Dealing with STBXAH has become a small necessary annoyance, one that does not affect me in any appreciable way. I still pray he admits to his addiction and moves toward recovery. But he no longer affects me.

Oh I and really like my car. :)

abcdefg 05-16-2008 12:44 PM

Hey, Barb.

You are SO close!!!! It's almost done. Thanks for sharing your amazing recovery. It's so good to see how it works in others.

abc

Mair 05-16-2008 01:29 PM

Great news Barbara you have done so well. xxx
Mair x

Janitw 05-16-2008 04:32 PM

Breathe hunny.......just breathe..

LostGuy 05-16-2008 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Barbara52 (Post 1773791)
I feel great. Life is good. Dealing with STBXAH has become a small necessary annoyance, one that does not affect me in any appreciable way.

Barb, you have such a great attitude! You are an inspiration.

peaceteach 05-16-2008 05:53 PM

Barb,

It is just completely bizarre, but not unbelievable as far as living in the addict world gets. I am so happy for you that you are able to look at this as too weird and something you want no part of, and that you are doing so great. It is awesome to witness. Thank you for being here :)

Barbara52 05-16-2008 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Janitw (Post 1774023)
Breathe hunny.......just breathe..

All the time. :)

NYC_Chick 05-16-2008 06:58 PM

(((Barb))) I'm really happy for you! Hopefully his cyber gf is loaded. Hey, maybe she can fork over a few bucks to get the process moving faster.

i4getsm 05-16-2008 07:40 PM

Yeah Barb! Gosh I cannot wait to be where you "are" both divorce-wise and mentally! Getting my paperwork together as we speak.

prodigal 05-16-2008 08:38 PM

Thank goodness this is FINALLY ending for you, barb. It's amazing, but as soon as they get a new victim in their sights, they are focused only on that. I'm glad the foreclosure has been postponed too.

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way, hon!

lexusgirl 05-16-2008 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by i4getsm (Post 1774197)
Gosh I cannot wait to be where you "are" both divorce-wise and mentally! .

Ditto only mentally I hope to be where you are soon!

Thinking of you!:Val004:

Kindeyes 05-16-2008 11:00 PM

Barb......it's been a rocky road but you're in the home stretch. Isn't it amazing what a positive attitude can do! Moving forward!

hugs

LivingInMyHead 05-17-2008 07:52 AM

It must be a huge relief to finally see progress and the light at the end of the tunnel! I'm in the process of leaving my AH, but he keeps stalling and doing everything he can to avoid signing the separation agreement. I am trying hard not to give in to all of his demands - you would think he was the victim here! (HA!) I hope he gets motivated like yours did (regardless of the source of that motivation - I just don't want to be here anymore - I want OUT!).

grateful2b 05-17-2008 09:25 AM

Barb, you continue to impress me with your strength and recovery.....almost there...
where we all gonna celebrate?
Ribs, steak....or maybe that great new vegeterian restaurant.....

Barbara52 05-17-2008 11:57 AM

A nice classy steakhouse sounds good to me. :)