SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Another problem solved! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/140473-another-problem-solved.html)

nowinsituation 12-30-2007 04:34 PM

Another problem solved!

Hi all -- When I left my AH I moved from our rural home to the city where I work (about 20 miles away). Problem with this arrangement is that it is not in my daughter's school district, so i have been driving her to school every morning, then going to work, then picking her up (at our house where AH lives), and coming back to apt. This is an hour trip each morning and evening. My lease is up soon, so I started looking for another place to live. By some miracle, there was a house for rent in a small town in her school district, the town where many of her friends live. We went to look at the house this afternoon and it is beautiful. It is an old two-story house, 3 bedrooms, formal dining, all wood floors, original woodwork, corner lot, big yard, pets allowed, etc., etc. And, it is only $100 more/month than my tiny 1-bedroom apt. Plus, it will cut out an hour of driving(prolly saving $100/mo in gas!), and my daughter can get on the school bus at home, and be able to hang out with her friends without worrying about transportation. I put a deposit on the house, and we can move in Feb. 1. I even have room for my piano!! I am so excited. Things are actually coming together, and I may have a normal life before too much longer!

hope2bhappy 12-30-2007 04:57 PM

Sounds like 2008 is really going to shape up for you! Congratulations on your new home and new life!

Growing 12-30-2007 06:21 PM

Do we see the HP at work? Good for you NowIS!

hopeangel 12-30-2007 06:30 PM

that's great now! it's so nice to read this :)

Pick-a-name 12-30-2007 06:41 PM

:) Thanks for sharing your good news..I'm so happy for you both.

I don't think this was "an accident",but that's just me!

nowinsituation 12-30-2007 07:52 PM

Yes, my HP was there for me today; and I am very thankful. I also hope this will inspire anyone else who may want to make a change to go ahead and take a leap of faith. If I would have had to put all the pieces together before I made a move it never would have happened. Take it one step at a time, trust in your HP, amazing things will happen!!!

ICU 12-31-2007 02:04 AM

What a wonderful share nowinsituation! I'm sure your 'leap of faith' will inspire many!

fluffyflea 12-31-2007 05:49 AM

Cool! Good for you.

Ngaire

Originally Posted by nowinsituation (Post 1619889)
Hi all -- When I left my AH I moved from our rural home to the city where I work (about 20 miles away). Problem with this arrangement is that it is not in my daughter's school district, so i have been driving her to school every morning, then going to work, then picking her up (at our house where AH lives), and coming back to apt. This is an hour trip each morning and evening. My lease is up soon, so I started looking for another place to live. By some miracle, there was a house for rent in a small town in her school district, the town where many of her friends live. We went to look at the house this afternoon and it is beautiful. It is an old two-story house, 3 bedrooms, formal dining, all wood floors, original woodwork, corner lot, big yard, pets allowed, etc., etc. And, it is only $100 more/month than my tiny 1-bedroom apt. Plus, it will cut out an hour of driving(prolly saving $100/mo in gas!), and my daughter can get on the school bus at home, and be able to hang out with her friends without worrying about transportation. I put a deposit on the house, and we can move in Feb. 1. I even have room for my piano!! I am so excited. Things are actually coming together, and I may have a normal life before too much longer!

Barbara52 12-31-2007 08:09 AM

How wonderful for you and your daughter!

Yup, taking those leaps of faith can lead to wonderful things. {hugs}

NoChoice 12-31-2007 08:17 AM

See, now that is EXACTLY what I am talking about! I am soooo happy for you. When things happen like that, there is no mistaking it. Your house sounds just like what I hope to find...! I am happy for you.