SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   I need you guys, it has been a tough day (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/118428-i-need-you-guys-has-been-tough-day.html)

kermit 03-16-2007 10:57 AM

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I'm at work no news yet

mazey 03-16-2007 11:41 AM

Thinkin' bout ya kermit.....
You will come thru this, but there are some very painful days getting thru. I think it may be the right move to rent a little while till you see where you want to be. Hang in there, the market is getting ready to pick up has started already....just trikling. I hate telling people to rent! But, sometimes it is for the best if you are not sure where you want to be. (I am a Realtor, and retired Nurse) It is projected to be a slow market most of this year, but will get a little better than it has been the past 6-8 months.
This job thing....are they just keeping you in limbo? for how long?
YOU have come thru so much already, you are going to be fine in the long run! But, go let the hurt just hurt and heal....

kermit 03-16-2007 11:54 AM

I have no idea how log I will be in limbo. It is all so weird. As for renting I will be okay thanks, I have no idea what I'm going to do if I lose my job

embraced2000 03-16-2007 12:16 PM

hi kermit...when my divorce got closer, i got real blue-sey feeling. it was seeming more final...more real that it was all ending. was a tough day to get through. at least it was for me.

when you said you would make 60k....i can tell you something that would blow your mind......here where i live, 60k would buy you a very nice home....course i live in the boonies and it is unreal what property goes for here.

100k would buy a mansion, and i mean a mansion here. anyway....that's here, and not where you are....so moot point.

kermit, i believe everything will work out just as it is supposed to...if i hadn't had this belief, i'm sure i would have been stark raving mad by now.

i'll keep you and your boys in my prayers, sweety!
jeri

kermit 03-16-2007 12:28 PM

Jeri, please keep my daughter in those prayers too. she has been my strength. What are the schools like there? How about the Universities? Work?

What city are you in, I so want to live in the boonies

embraced2000 03-16-2007 12:36 PM

oh....i didn't realize you had a daughter, kermit! i'm sorry.

our town is 3,800 and the school is the wealthiest in the state because they are too tight to turn loose of any money. but it is an excellant school system...old fashioned country type....no need for police guards (let's hope it keeps like that)

bloomington is only about 50 miles away and home of I.U.

louisville is about 50 miles south and is home of U.k and U.L

how old is your daughter, kermit....

kermit 03-16-2007 12:55 PM

My daughter is 16, 17 in June one more year of high school. Then off to college

Sunflower 03-16-2007 03:34 PM

wishing you the best.....

DesertEyes 03-16-2007 06:21 PM

Hey there kermeeeee, have a big :Val004:

Sounds to me like you're doing really good by coming here and sharing. I understand about "falling off the bridge", that's the way I felt. We had to sell our house in the divorce, and I had to live in an apartment too. Had to get a new job, move to a new town and start over. But you know what? I _like_ my new town. I have lots of new friends, and a new job, and I even managed to buy me a little condo.

You will get all your dreams back, Kermeee, and you'll have even better dreams cuz you won't be dragged down by addiction. And as far your little ones, I _so_ wish my Mom had left my alkie father when I was a kid. She never did. So let me give you the biggest thank you in the world cuz you are doing for your kids what my mother never did for me.

Just keep coming round here and we'll keep giving you :Val004: cuz we all think you're the bestest.

Mike :)

FormerDoormat 03-16-2007 07:26 PM

Think of how much fun it would be to have Jeri for a neighbor. And think of how wonderful it would be to buy a mansion in her area with your $60K and only have a $30K mortgage. Your loaded mortgage rate (PITI) would be somewhere around $300 a month. That's much easier to swallow than $4K a month.

Think of it has not having to settle for a lower price on your house but finally being free of the burdeon of paying that mammoth mortgage payment every month. This is a golden opportunity to live comfortably, easily, and free from the devastating effects of life with an alcoholic. This is a big turning point in your life and a very good thing. I'd grab it with both hands and hang on tight.

earthstar 03-16-2007 09:33 PM

Kermit,
I went through a similar situation about 34 yrs ago with my 1st alcoholic, who was my 1st husband and father of my 2nd alcoholic, my son. To this day I feel a sadness about water under the bridge, broken hearts and broken promises, etc. etc. etc. But since so much time has passed I just wanted to say that I have had so much happiness and so many good times. I didn't have the house situation, but he disappeared leaving me with all of our debts, maxed-out credit cards, and a 3 month old child. I sat on the side of the bed every day and sobbed my heart out. Every day felt like climbing a mountain during an avalanche. We go through all the stuff on soap operas without the glamour--just the pain. I promise you things will be better. I promise you that you will see the sunshine and feel the wind in your hair and have a belly laugh again. Take care of yourself first so you can take care of your family.
Best wishes,
Earthstar

kermit 03-16-2007 09:35 PM

I so LOVE you all. you are justwhat I needed.
No new news at work but I'm still getting paid! With the help of all of you I'm going to be okay about the house. Besides FormerD I think I will grab on with both hands. What is ment to be is ment to be.

Mike, as always thanks for the kind words. I love my chidren way to much for them to be hurt byhim. Hopefully one day they will know there Dad.

Watch out all you in AZ I'm looking there too!
Earthstar! Awsome, Thanks!

Pick-a-name 03-16-2007 09:43 PM

(((Kermie))) you are in my thoughts and prayers!

If it helps to let you know you are not alone...I've had one of those weeks,too where everything just seems so overwhelming that I just want to have a good cry (and pity-party for myself :))
I hope things look brighter for you tomorrow...I'm sorry you have so much on your plate.

aztchr 03-16-2007 09:44 PM

Hi Kermit,
Sending you lots of AZ sunshine and prayers!!
Hang in there! You are doing the right thing!

Sunflower 03-17-2007 06:49 PM

Kermie---I can't stop thinking about how you have RA etc...and you are having to deal with all this--I am so sorry for you--I understand because the pain from the illness can consume you --never mind all the other crap life throws at you--I don't know how you are doing all this yourself...I worry now about your health and you having major flare ups because of the stress---You are a strong person(you have to be) and I have a great deal of admiration for you as I myself know what it's like to live with the chronic pain and fatigue--just putting your clothes on somedays is all you can handle in a flare. You are my IDOL haha--I can't do anything near the level of you---please pat yourself on the back from me---you deserve it....

22Tango 03-18-2007 01:47 AM

Maybe this is just stupid me trying to look on the bright side, but....

If you have to rent something, at least you won't have to be the one cleaning out the gutters, fixing the leaky faucet, etc. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now and maybe not having to be responsible for all of the enormous tasks that come with home ownership would be a good thing. Maybe renting for a while would give you a little break and some time to rest and recover.

kermit 03-18-2007 09:29 AM

I keep trying to post and nothing soes, so if this one sticks thansk 22, nice way of thinking... Frizzy hang in we can make it. Hell, we WILL make it!

vujade 03-18-2007 11:10 AM

(((Kemit))) - I'm so sorry. Speaking from my experience with divorce, it gets harder before it gets easier. But it DOES get easier. Know that you are making healthy decisions for yourself and your children. Hang on to that knowledge when things get really hard. And come here for hugs.