SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   It is done... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/110334-done.html)

TomsGirl 12-14-2006 01:25 AM

It is done...

It is a bit after 4 AM and here I am to tell you all that my husband is dead. The 5th try was the charm. I don't know how yet. An autopsy will tell. He is finally free from the addict and he freed himself the only way he knew how. Sometimes that happens with addicts. So I no longer have to wonder or worry. I know where he is now. I know he's safe. I know the addict did not go to the other side with him. But I will see him again when it's my turn. He promised me that when it was my turn his would be the first face I would see. You know, some souls are just too fragile for this world.

Good Night, Janet (aka TomsGirl)

Jazzman 12-14-2006 01:30 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Take care of yourself Janet.

mallowcup 12-14-2006 01:59 AM

I'm so sorry. I hope you will come here to share your feelngs and with Gods help, we'll all get through today together. He is safe now and you will see him again. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

ICU 12-14-2006 02:02 AM

(((Janet))) I'm so very sorry.

reader 12-14-2006 02:18 AM

Oh Tomsgirl!!!!!!!!! I have been wondering about u lately and why u hadn't been around on SR. I wish I was there to give u a big hug. This is an alcoholics spouses worse fear. You are right though he is freed from his worldly suffering. He is with his maker and he is finally at peace, his demons (addictions) have been released. I will pray u find solace in his passing and know in death all our worries and earthly toil end. Like u said Janet u won't have to worry anymore, he is safe in the arms of his Savior. I will add u to the pray chain at church. I wish I had more words of wisdom but I am concerned about. Please check in more I though we had lost ya. With Love, Kerry

velvet42 12-14-2006 02:21 AM

((((Janet)))) I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

historyteach 12-14-2006 03:12 AM

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :hug:
Prayers go out for you and all who loved Tom. :amen

Shalom!

minnie 12-14-2006 03:29 AM

(((((Janet)))))

I am so sorry to hear this. May Tom rest in peace.

You sound like you have some calmness about this and I hope that continues.

M
xxxx

minah 12-14-2006 03:33 AM

Dear Janet,
My heart grieves for you. I can't imagine your pain. It must be awful.
I hope that soon you will find peace and acceptance of your husband's death.
God bless you, Minah

Kellye C 12-14-2006 03:53 AM

Janet, I am so very sorry for your loss. It is the fear of every loved one of a practicing alcoholic/addict. Please hang closer to us and let us try to help you get through this, even if it is just to listen and pray.

Hugs,
Kellye

sketscher 12-14-2006 04:04 AM

I'm so very sorry. The reality of this disease is so devastating. I will say a prayer for you. (((())))

embraced2000 12-14-2006 04:11 AM

janit....i'm so very sorry. my heart is so very full for you and your husband right now. my prayers to you. your husband is at peace.
love to you
jeri

luvmyfam 12-14-2006 04:22 AM

I'm so sorry.

CatsTail 12-14-2006 05:23 AM

((((((((((((((((((((TomsGirl)))))))))))))))))))

Ngaire

deedee 12-14-2006 05:27 AM

(((Janet)))

I am so sorry to hear of your loss ... but I believe too your husband has found peace. My heart and prayers will be with you in the days ahead :hug:

AllTooSober 12-14-2006 05:57 AM

(((((((Janet))))))) I am so sorry!

Janitw 12-14-2006 06:02 AM

(((((((((((((((((((((((Janet)))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))

Oh sweetie.......I know there arent ANY words to describe your pain...so I wont even try.......

His pain is gone now and you're right - he's free of the addict.

It hurts sooo much to love someone that doesnt know how to love us back doesnt it? But he loved you !! In the only way he knew how....and he did it to the end....no more worries about where he is, how he is, that he is, what he's doing, who he's with.....ect, ect. All that is answered for you now hun.

Take care of yourself and YOU and HE are in my prayers today.....

Love Ya,
Janit

elizabeth1979 12-14-2006 06:29 AM

((Janet))
I think of you often and was wondering how things were going for you.
Im so sorry to hear this.
Your calmness is a precious gift. May that continue to be with you.

Thinking of you,
Sarah

parentrecovers 12-14-2006 06:32 AM

sending prayers to you. it's a difficult loss. blessings - k

cece1960 12-14-2006 06:42 AM

Sending prayers to you, his family and yours during this difficult time.
Cece