SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Best of SoberRecovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/best-soberrecovery/)
-   -   Whiners Anonymous Part 306 "A Whine Away, A Whine Away" (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/best-soberrecovery/457372-whiners-anonymous-part-306-whine-away-whine-away.html)

chicory 01-15-2022 02:56 PM

Ann was Everything I would Ever want to be.

Pondlady 01-15-2022 02:58 PM

I appreciate Hev letting me know earlier about Ann, so I've had some time to sit with the news and my sadness. How could I love someone so much I've never met in person......well our thoughts and feelings stretched round the world as we shared them with each other. I remember Ann's Etiquette Tips, I even saved them, and so many sage and witty pieces of advice......her blackened lasagne and 2-3 ingredient baking rule. And who could ever not chuckle over her savings to Bubba with the purchase of her hand bags.

I know Ann would want us to carry on, see the beauty in life and find our joy. I will....in time...... right now I'm angry her beautiful life with Bubba was cut short.....that she wasn't able to return to FL or take the special trip she planned to Vancouver. The world feels a little less special today.

Prayers of strength and healing to all who loved her.

Daisybelle 01-15-2022 04:19 PM

Hello whiners, I've come here tonight with a very heavy heart. Mags messaged me earlier to let me know about our beloved Ann and I've been sat thinking and thinking about her and thinking about how life is so unfair. I remember when I 1st joined Whiners, Ann sent me a lovely message and made me feel so welcome. She was loving, caring, funny, brave, wise, a true lady in every sense of the word, beautiful inside and out. We're going to miss her so much, but I know she would want us all to carry on and support each other and for her we will. My heart goes out to Bubba, he will be so lost without her.
Prayers for Ann, for Bubba and for all of us. xxx

Alpine 01-15-2022 04:20 PM

Oh my gosh...I am beyond sad. I obviously did not know her but she was so kind to me.. I just have no words..So incredibly sorry for those that knew her.

least 01-15-2022 04:39 PM

It's going to take a while for the shock to wear off and for the reality to hit me. :( It's all I've been able to think about all day. :(

Alpine, you didn't have to know her well to know that she was kind and caring, smart and witty.

NK came over to feed Billie and take her out. Now I'm just stewing in my own misery. :( Will life ever be right again? :(

Hevyn 01-15-2022 05:34 PM

I've thought about it all day too, Least. I know I won't sleep tonight - & tomorrow will be rough going too. Yet I know Ann would hate that. She was all about enjoying life & appreciating what we have. It will take time, but we will get there.

Cityboy 01-15-2022 05:40 PM

Just now seeing this. Tough news to say the least.

Dee74 01-15-2022 05:50 PM

Its tough to lose friends - I've known Ann for 15 years now.

Our bodies don't last long - but if we're lucky we leave something behind that endures.
Ann's certainly done that here at SR - and I suspect in many other areas of her life as well.

But Hev is right - Ann was all about living life and enjoying nature - she would want us all, when the time is right for each of us, to remember her with a smile, not tears, and go get on with our lives :)

I know that she's happy to see brothers, old friends and her Mom again...and Toby her cat :)

D

Pondlady 01-15-2022 06:29 PM

Dee, It's comforting to think of Ann with her brothers, Mom and Toby. She faced some very hard losses recently, losing her two brothers so close together. It had to be disappointing to not see her family at Christmas time too.

There was a bit of a weary note in her recent posts, talking of "herding cats" in reference to her various medical appointments. I don't think she felt well and was low on energy, yet she didn't want to be the focus of our worry. I know her faith was deep and strong.....I remember her saying she'd placed her son in God's hands......and now she too rests there.

Edited to add that I've changed my avatar to honor Ann. It looks like a lovely lady enjoying a winter walk amidst nature :)

chicory 01-15-2022 06:39 PM

I am grateful for all the words here, from those who love Ann. Its good not to be alone in the pain of losing someone so dear to us all. I pray that Bubba has support and finds comfort somehow. I wish we could all comfort him, for he has to be lost without her. we surely are.
Pondy, thats a beautiful avatar, and makes me think of our Ann. I am so grateful for the lovely things she shared with us over the years. There just aren't words to describe how wonderful she was... no cliche here... she truly was all the beautiful things that are being said.
How we are going to miss her.

least 01-15-2022 08:03 PM

I feel like when I wake up, none of this will have happened. :(

Mags1 01-15-2022 08:07 PM

Hi dear Whinys :grouphug:

I did get some sleep, fitful but sleep anyway.
It’s Sunday morning now and reading your dear posts, knowing that some of us may never meet in person but a strong bond connects us all, feeling for each other…pain, joy, love, hurt, and much more.

This connection we all have is truly a gift, sharing our lives, our hopes, our ups, our downs, sharing our grief for our wonderful dear Ann. Words aren’t enough of how we feel, A few of Ann’s own photos from her love and joy of nature I kept along the way.

From her love of Gators

https://i.postimg.cc/HkLZcbH4/FE1234...1-D4519068.jpg

And foxes

https://i.postimg.cc/6p1HdTps/445-C4...48-E37-BB7.jpg

And deer, who looked at our Ann and wasn’t afraid. Ann was truly at one with nature.

https://i.postimg.cc/gjqSRDn4/F677-D...901134-AF4.jpg

We’ll see you in every sunrise and sunset

https://i.postimg.cc/dt6NV5MV/8699-D...3-AD9-F3-C.jpg

Soaring above where your pain has been removed. Though your presence is ever stronger.

https://i.postimg.cc/3JYbhPcq/D4-E08...0-CA738-DA.jpg

Love you always Ann ❤️

Hawkeye13 01-15-2022 08:23 PM

Very sad to read this. Ann was the epitome of grace, kindness, and empathy. Her joy in life—nature, the little pleasures, her family was an oasis of peace and an anchor for so many of us. . .

Anna 01-15-2022 09:25 PM

Mags, thanks for posting some of Ann's photos. She really was a great photographer. Being in nature and taking beautiful photos brought Ann so much comfort. I believe she was looking for peace and comfort when she began scouting for places where she could find deer, birds and gators. I learned an invaluable lesson from Ann, which was to actively create peace and contentment in my life.

Mags1 01-15-2022 09:53 PM

Anna, I agree. Ann taught me so much about myself, through nature and love of life.

suki44883 01-15-2022 10:02 PM

This has been such a difficult day. There were times I could be distracted by something, but it wasn't long before Ann would pop back into my mind. The tears would come and it felt like someone punched me in the stomach.

I remember Ann used to say...The difference between a bad day and a good day is about two days. With all due respect, I'm thinking it will take a bit more than two days, but I know that at some point, we will think of her and smile instead of cry.

least 01-15-2022 10:20 PM

I think of her niece and the royal children she loved so much. They will miss her so terribly. Auntie Ann. :(

Still can't believe it. :( Don't want to believe it. Doesn't seem possible that someone I communicated with so much is no longer there for me to talk to. :(

Suki, I thought of that quote from Ann also. And yes, it'll be a while longer than two days to turn this into a good day. :(

God, why oh why did you have to take her? :(

I need to go to bed but I'm all wound up.

Mags1 01-15-2022 10:27 PM

Suki :hug: Least :hug: I feel an emptiness inside. A void. Yes, the two days may stretch a bit longer before our tears turn to smiles.

Daisybelle 01-16-2022 12:49 AM

Good morning whiners, though it feels anything but good. I slept fitfully last night, with all kinds of things going through my mind. Ann was the backbone of this thread and it's going to take a while for us to get used to her not being here, though I know she'll be with us in spirit.

Pondy, I love your avatar, it's a wonderful tribute to Ann and I know she'll love it.

Mags, thank you for posting those pics, they've slightly cheered me up, its so good of you to share them again.

Suki, it will definitely take more than 2 days, for now we shall just have to go through the motions.

:grouphug:
Love to you all.
xxx

https://i.postimg.cc/52DkYm07/grief.jpg

Pondlady 01-16-2022 05:05 AM

Anna, I love the lesson of actively creating peace and contentment in our lives. Ann's shared love of nature was a reminder to live in the present and to be ourselves. This morning I honor her by actively trying to find peace.....for now it's a cup of coffee and a sunbeam resting on LMP #1's orange kitty.

Of my many thoughts over night, I am going to tell people how much they mean to me. This whiners thread, this special group of people, means so much to me.....I can't count how many thoughts I've had over the years when I think " I can't wait to share this on whiners....just wait till they hear this one...or see this picture ".