SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Best of SoberRecovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/best-soberrecovery/)
-   -   Whiners Anonymous Part 306 "A Whine Away, A Whine Away" (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/best-soberrecovery/457372-whiners-anonymous-part-306-whine-away-whine-away.html)

Mags1 01-15-2022 11:48 AM

I think you did Hev, every day your love and friendship shone for her. Ann knew.

venuscat 01-15-2022 11:49 AM

I agree 100% ❤️

Hevyn 01-15-2022 11:49 AM

Thank you Mags.

Hevyn 01-15-2022 11:50 AM

Thanks, Suze. You guys always let her know, too. Surely she knew how much we loved & appreciated her.

Mags1 01-15-2022 11:55 AM

Oh gosh yes Hev. Ann knew..knows how much we love and care for her and yes, appreciated her so much.

Caramel 01-15-2022 12:00 PM

Rest in peace, brave lady.

Ann was a good and kind woman, clearly beloved, admired and respected by many.

Rest eternal grant unto her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her. May she rest in peace.

chicory 01-15-2022 12:02 PM

I know she knew, Hev.

suki44883 01-15-2022 12:05 PM

I can just imagine Ann and Rusty laughing together and celebrating the absence of pain and sorrow. Ann had so many friends here, and now, she can spend time with all the friends she has in the beyond. I like to think of Ann laughing a lot. She always laughed a lot.

Mags1 01-15-2022 12:12 PM

Suki, that’s a lovely thought, Ann and Rusty laughing. I always loved her *snork*s

Dee74 01-15-2022 12:48 PM

This is not the way I wanted to wake up today.
Ann and I PMed every day.

I knew she was sick, sicker than she let on, but I didn’t expect this so soon.

I am devastated, but Ann would want us to go on, laugh, live and love.

She loved the poet Rumi.

Don't say,
He's gone! He's gone. Death has nothing to do with going away.
The sun sets and the moon sets, but they're not gone.

D

least 01-15-2022 12:51 PM

She'll be able to see her brothers again.:hug:

I'm having an awful time coming to grips with it. :( My mind doesn't want to accept it. :( It seems strange that the world can keep on turning without her. :(

Anna 01-15-2022 12:54 PM

Thank you for the poem, Dee. It's beautiful. I know Ann will never really leave us.

suki44883 01-15-2022 01:01 PM

What Dee wrote reminded me of this...

Do not weep that I have gone, but rejoice that I have been. For I have known life to its fullest measure, I have felt pain and I have known pleasure. Years I have I have cried in grief and laughter. I have known love and all that comes after.
I have tasted the salt of bitterness of tears.

I’ve walked in the rain when the day is done,

Felt the summer breeze and the warmth of the sun. I’ve sat by the sea and heard the waves pound.

Held the hand that is friendship, its richness abound. Yes I have known life and I will learn death.

So weep not for me that I have gone…

But rejoice that I have been.

Dee74 01-15-2022 01:06 PM

For those who wonder - Ann knew how we felt.

She told me straight out this community had lifted her up on many days when she struggled recently with her cancer and the loss of her brothers.

She knew - and loved us all back :)

chicory 01-15-2022 01:48 PM

A lovely poem Dee.
suki, that’s very comforting. Ann really lived life, in every way,didn’t she! :grouphug:

honeypig 01-15-2022 02:17 PM

Hev was kind enough to let me know about Ann, since our paths crossed in the Spirituality forum and there's no mention there yet of her passing. Like someone else said, I had no idea her situation was this grim.

Farewell, Our Lady of Chickadees. You will be missed badly.

Hevyn 01-15-2022 02:28 PM

I've been walking around the house just trying not to lose it entirely. Coming here & reading what you all have written since I left has really helped. I thank you. :grouphug:

PhoenixJ 01-15-2022 02:34 PM

Ann did something about stuff, with grace, dignity and joy of living. I learned much about who I am from her. She was/is a role model, an inspiration and my friend. I see her with Gilly, laughing and teaching me still with her wise, patient and loving way.

least 01-15-2022 02:39 PM

I feel a great hole in the universe. :( I'm trying to make sense of it, but there's no sense to be made. :( sigh...

How can the world keep
turning, when you're not in it?
We miss you so much.

aasharon90 01-15-2022 02:39 PM

I popped in earlier this morning for a moment
but didn't see anything about Ann's passing at
that time and had no idea of her sickness.

From all the post you guys have posted, it clearly
shows how much adored, loved and cared she was.

Rest in peace lovely lady. :c016: