SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Best of SoberRecovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/best-soberrecovery/)
-   -   Authenticity VI (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/best-soberrecovery/371483-authenticity-vi.html)

courage2 07-15-2015 07:07 AM

Good morning, Rob. Good morning, Melissa. Hi, everyone!

No internet, tv or phone service sounds good. Trees? How about no a/c? Do any of you know swamp coolers? Water-cooled air and a fan is all you need.

I'm glad you & Melissa are together in body and mind.

Vic, you sound like you're doing all the forward-thinking you can. Keep doing what you're doing and follow the plan!

Soberwolf 07-15-2015 09:02 AM

Hello Robby & Melissa :hug:

brynn 07-15-2015 09:20 AM

Good morning y'all!
:)

Aellyce 07-15-2015 12:29 PM

Dear Robby and Melissa, I will just make a brief note today. I want to express, once again, how impressive everything you are doing during this time of your lives is. For me, there is nothing shocking, too surprising, or disturbing in anything I read on these threads -- much more the opposite. What I have been seeing over and over, in many different forms, to me shows some of the highest levels of responsibility and integrity that I have encountered. I may or may not be able to process such things the same way, but it's something that absolutely clicks with my mind and values in a most natural way. I am glad that the two of you are able to spend these few days together the way you are. My feeling is that everything you are doing these days just deepens both of your life experiences right now and for the coming months, and is also invaluable "investment" into and will elevate a future. It reminds me a lot of an older movie Shadowlands (with one of my favorite actors Anthony Hopkins) that I liked very much, I watched it with my dad a couple times many years ago.

Hope you are having a good trip.

Gilmer 07-15-2015 01:08 PM

I liked Shadowlands, too.

Soberwolf 07-15-2015 03:55 PM

Popping in to say goodnight Robby & Melissa :grouphug:

RobbyRobot 07-15-2015 08:54 PM

Well, Hello friends!! :hug:

Thanks so much for the heartfelt shares. You guys know who you are! Far to many for me to thank individually. That in itself is just how awesome are the contributors and visitors to these threads. :thanks

We have got a lot of "our estate business" completed. This home I'm writing from now will go on the market next week. I meet one more time with the contractor before we leave Saturday to return to Ottawa. Chimney inspector on Friday. Met the locksmith today and again with the contractor. It all went well. Takes its toll on me physically. I meet them from my wheelchair and we all get to chit-chatting like we're old friends. It's amazing how often people will take a few extra moments with a guy in a wheelchair if he's all smiles and talkative. Get's the elephant out of the room, lol. It's great I can still look "healthy" as I go about my business. Must be that killer tan I have, lol. What? Too soon?! :jester:

So yeah, having humor is essential for all this weirdness about living life to the fullest. It's easy enough to get all dark and gloomy about the harsh facts. And still though, its also not that difficult to see the beautiful moments which are everywhere when you can find some fun.

Soberpotamus 07-15-2015 08:59 PM

Rob, that's an amazing sense of humor :) I just love it. You are some kind of inspiration. Sounds corny, but I have learned lots from you. It is going to stay with me for a long time too.

XOXO to you and Melissa.

Ajax 07-15-2015 09:25 PM

Went and saw "my" house today. We both love it!! So pretty and cosy and just
right, you know? I could definitely see myself living there for a long time. It's surrounded by beautiful woods and walking trails. And the home takes full advantage of that fact with windows everywhere, even skylights in the living room and master bedroom! So bright and clean and gorgeous! I couldn't be in a better situation. I am so thrilled that Rob and I will be able to make some important memories there this year.

There was a funny verdigris sign on a swivel outside the front door with an oval stating " Welcome" on one side and "Go Away" on the other. I chuckled when I first saw it and then realized that I'm sure there will come a time when "Go Away" will be more the way I feel. How nice it was to realize I was feeling quite sure that with time and the love of my Dave and Lucy I would eventually flip it around to "Welcome"!

puffy 07-15-2015 10:14 PM

Robby and Melissa- how you guys go about your business is impressive. I'm also glad that you two will be able to share some moments in the new house. You get to break it in together and that is well, special. Maybe you could plant a tree together or something that will stand and grow long after. I dunno... was just brainstorming.
Much Love and Compassion,
Puffy

trachemys 07-16-2015 12:07 AM

You are consciously making memories together in advance and that is epic.

Soberwolf 07-16-2015 03:59 AM

Happy for you both,

Robby your philosophy, personality & what makes you you is seriously inspiring me on a daily basis for that im lucky, grateful & truly honoured to be in your company

Thats the truth champ !

RobbyRobot 07-16-2015 04:07 AM

Good evening Wolfie :)
Good morning Trach, Puffy :)

courage2 07-16-2015 04:28 AM

Hi Rob, Melissa! I saw you'd posted and didn't know if you were up late or up early -- both, it turns out.

I've been turning off my computer about 1/2 hour before lights out -- I'm usually up past 1 and still can't sleep. It's not insomnia, I'm just a night owl. It seems to be helping me to settle.

Melissa, your new home sounds lovely. I'm glad that Rob is there with you in its first season.

xxoo

RobbyRobot 07-16-2015 07:58 AM

Morning courage :)

My sleeping hours are all mixed up here this week, lol.

trachemys 07-16-2015 11:09 AM

Rob, you can sleep any schedule you want.

RobbyRobot 07-16-2015 11:14 AM

Not on business days I can't Trach... ... I'm not complaining, but still, business is business, yeah? :)

Soberwolf 07-16-2015 12:59 PM

Love that Robby business as usual your incredible

Soberpotamus 07-16-2015 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ajax (Post 5467910)
There was a funny verdigris sign on a swivel outside the front door with an oval stating " Welcome" on one side and "Go Away" on the other. I chuckled when I first saw it and then realized that I'm sure there will come a time when "Go Away" will be more the way I feel.

That is so funny, Melissa :) My husband talks about getting a sign like this, lol. He is a "private" person. Those are his words :)

SoberLeigh 07-16-2015 01:42 PM

This thread is so inspirational, powerful, affirming and heartfelt. Even so, I must remove the lump from my throat which forms each time I visit.

Robby, Melissa and all - you are such incredible human beings.