SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Please Stay on the Sober Bus Part 44 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/453304-please-stay-sober-bus-part-44-a.html)

STDragon 04-12-2021 04:02 AM

Oy fence building. My neighbor would not let me replace the rickety old fence between us, he insisted it was his and he was going to do it all. Then he agreed to half, then his wife said no, in the end I did the whole thing myself. He agreed to remove the old one, but I still had to get on his case to even do that. This went on for years.

Happy Monday! on the bus!

biminiblue 04-12-2021 04:49 AM

That saying about fences making great neighbors? Yeah, I hear you Dragon. I've had a few non-productive fence/neighbor situations. Mizz, the inside of my place needs painting. I s u p p o s e I could do it myself. :-|

On the bus.

ChloeRose63 04-12-2021 05:12 AM

LOL :pokey:
:bus

Mizz 04-12-2021 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by STDragon (Post 7621052)
Oy fence building. My neighbor would not let me replace the rickety old fence between us, he insisted it was his and he was going to do it all. Then he agreed to half, then his wife said no, in the end I did the whole thing myself. He agreed to remove the old one, but I still had to get on his case to even do that. This went on for years.

Happy Monday! on the bus!

Your neighbor sounds un- neighborly. I mean, its a shared fence....Sorry you had to deal with that all by yourself. I really dislike when problems carry on for years on end. In this case, its the neighbor who inherited the Jasmine and she feels bad that the fence was destroyed. I dont think we need to feel bad. It is what it is. We have been enjoying the Jasmine. There goes our wall of smell good greenery! It is a wall too. ....... I am mourning this in stages......:)

BB...... Painting.....Ill come help when I actually start and finish this home. Its been too windy and cold to do anything yet. Currently visualizing and thinking about how to do all of this...... I hope it turns out beautifully. Starting in the back seems like the best plan. No one will see the back and then by the time we get to the front we will be a master at spray guns, taping, scrapping and what not. Then we could say "Sure, we will paint your home. It will cost you $12,380.00"

biminiblue 04-12-2021 05:33 AM

Yeah, I know people who have painted the exteriors of their houses. It looks do-able. :) I'm sure you'll be really satisfied by doing it yourself.

saoutchik 04-12-2021 08:08 AM

On the bus.

Good luck with the fencing Mizz, it should not be too tricky if you are replacing like with like, time consuming.

England and possibly the rest of the UK are partially out of lockdown as from today. It is strange seeing the streets busy again.

ManInTheArena 04-12-2021 08:35 AM

On the bus this fine Monday, and I hope everyone had a nice weekend :)

Happy you are transitioning out of lockdown, Saoutchik. It's funny that the transition back to "normal" feels almost as weird as the original adoption of all the precautions!

Alysheba 04-12-2021 09:43 AM

Love that Purps!! So cool. I want to get an app on my phone with calming sounds to go to sleep with, but that looks better! :hug:
Haven't seen Stargazer in a while. I hope all is well with him. :hug:
Have a great day Buskateers. Happy to be on the bus with such great people. :grouphug:

biminiblue 04-12-2021 09:46 AM

Aly, stargazer was on twice yesterday. :)

Alysheba 04-12-2021 09:53 AM

Thanks Bim.

least 04-12-2021 10:16 AM

I'm on, with Billie too. :) She's got a seat restraint so she'll be safe on the bus. She wants a window seat so she can look out at the sights going by. :) Got my coffee too. :)

Mags1 04-12-2021 10:52 PM

On the Soberbus

Plenty of coffee and tea and my sunglasses just in case we see sun. ☀️

Purplrks3647 04-13-2021 01:40 AM

Is it really only Tuesday? Whatever day it is, I'm on! :c015:

saoutchik 04-13-2021 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena (Post 7621167)
It's funny that the transition back to "normal" feels almost as weird as the original adoption of all the precautions!

It definitely does, we have been in pandemic mode so long now that "normal" seems like a different era.

Best wishes to all my fellow Sober Bus riders today.

STDragon 04-13-2021 03:59 AM

Auugh! snow! and lots of it! wasn't to be unexpected, we had plenty of warning and it started yesterday. I went out ahead of scruffy puppy this morning to clear paths for him but he still insisted on going in the deep stuff.

Have a good day everyone!

Mizz 04-13-2021 05:12 AM

Good Morning!
Ive been in YES mode. Emails are coming in "Do you make Corsages?" Me: "Yes, we can do that for you!"

I then get on the old Youtube and start to learn how to make such a creation. We made a few yesterday to see what we could come up with. We got this! I wont be saying "Yes" to Brain surgery but flowers with tape, wire and what not....Sure. Yes. No problem. Bring it on!"......A little faith and hope mixed in with knowing that I am not building a rocket ship for space travel..... ;)
Youtube and confidence for the WIN!

Happy Riding, ALL!
Its nice that some of you are getting out of lockdown and seeing some type of normalcy even if it does not feel normal.

biminiblue 04-13-2021 05:20 AM

Corsages sounds like a whole cottage industry in itself. I guess if you have flowers, it is a straight line to corsages. Corsages. I've never typed that word.

On the bus. Tuesday, right?

Mizz 04-13-2021 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 7621552)
Corsages. I've never typed that word.

Same.
I had to google it. :)

sunpengwn 04-13-2021 06:27 AM

On the bus with my coffee and making my way to back of the bus.....
Wanting to look at the stars before they go away.....
:grouphug: :c015: :wavey:

ChloeRose63 04-13-2021 07:34 AM

:Flower111:Flower::a200:
Love them flowers!