SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Day 1. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/427931-day-1-a.html)

ScottFromWI 05-22-2018 01:58 PM

How's it going today Sohard?

Sohard 05-22-2018 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI (Post 6904146)
How's it going today Sohard?

Day 2. Thanks for checking in. Feels better than day 1, but also like starting a marathon for the millionth time.

dwtbd 05-22-2018 04:06 PM

Sustaining a drinking career is harder than running marathons , no?

Flip it and embrace the freedom of being done , Rootin for ya

Sohard 05-22-2018 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by dwtbd (Post 6904261)
Flip it and embrace the freedom of being done , Rootin for ya

I like that. I have to remember to think positively. Thank you.

WaterOx 05-22-2018 05:16 PM

Well on the bright side....you chose the proper user name, didn’t you? Buduh-tishh!

But seriously there must be something to this 4.5 mark because that’s exactly where I am and it suuuuuuuuuuuucks.
I feel like sobriety is dangling by a string.
Whatever.......still here. Just saying, it IS “so hard, sohard :)

This is my longest quit ever. Will I blow it? At this point I don’t even care. Obsessing about it makes me even more stressed. Just for today. Tomorrow may be different.

I’ve been saying that for 4.5 months;)

Sohard 05-25-2018 12:13 PM

Day 4 and trucking along. Hard when weekend pops up. I KNOW it’ll get easier, but for now still very hard. Just wanted to update bf the weekend began.

least 05-25-2018 01:25 PM

Keep going!! :) It will get better. :hug:

Mac4711 05-25-2018 02:18 PM

Enjoy Memorial Day weekend, I hope you’re doing something fun!

Dee74 05-25-2018 08:04 PM

keep going sohard :)

D

Mac4711 05-27-2018 06:27 PM

How are you holding up? I hope you’re crushing it in the gym!

BullDog777 05-28-2018 05:46 PM

Sohard? how's it goin..??

Sohard 05-29-2018 06:03 AM

Thanks Mac/Bull Dog for checking up!

I think I am really getting on steadier ground. I actually went to a Memorial Day pool barbecue and acted as the designated driver. It was good to have that responsibility. The past month (after falling off and starting drinking after 4 months) was sheer hell. HELL. In a weird way, it was more hellacious than prior to quitting at all, because now I was living in a craving/hungover/guilty state and yet I knew what a healthy state felt like. I really think I get now that I can't drink. Ever. I mean, I really can't. My body just doesn't react the way a person's does who can safely imbibe. And that's okay. As long as I don't imbibe, then fine. I'm actually a lot more "normal" when I am not drinking than I am when I am trying to be "normal" and drinking. Agh. Anyway, I feel great on this day 8. I felt great before, so I hope it really sticks this time, but I feel great. I'm grateful for that! Thank you for your support!!!

biminiblue 05-29-2018 06:36 AM

Good good.

Keep coming here, keep reading everything that seems relevant.

One breath at a time. Do you do any breathing exercises? I like this one, it focuses my thinking to the most basic level and resets my anxiety (vagus nerve.)

4-- 4-- 4-- 4-- I do it whenever my thinking becomes unmanageable - about anything. Always works.

Box Breathing - Navy SEALS