SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Don't know what to do.. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/409111-dont-know-what-do.html)

Mtphc 05-04-2017 10:38 PM

Don't know what to do..

Hey guys need help in this latest relapse, looking for support, thanks in advance..

Mtphc 05-04-2017 10:41 PM

Can't stop drinking, can't believe this..

Mtphc 05-04-2017 10:42 PM

..pretty much sober now, but afraid to go back..

Soberwolf 05-04-2017 10:48 PM

Have you got rid of all of the alcohol bud

Dee74 05-04-2017 10:48 PM

Hi Mtphc :)

I spent a lot of time here in my early days....he support really helped.

Are you open to maybe trying other things like seeing your Dr, or a counselor?

Maybe AA or some other meeting based programme like SMART Recovery or Lifering?

I know you've been in hospital before - is rehab an option?

I know it's exhausting binging and recovering but you really will get out of your recovery what you put into it.

Noone needs to life that alcoholic life a second longer than they want to - but you've got to be prepared to do some things and take some action.

Whats the least hardest thing in the suggestions I've made?
maybe start with that?

D

Mtphc 05-04-2017 10:56 PM

This is a horrible existence, that's all I have to say right now..

Dee74 05-04-2017 10:59 PM

Maybe just deal with the immediate stuff for now - pour out whats left, drink some water, get some shut eye?

D

Mtphc 05-04-2017 11:36 PM

Thanks Dee, trying my best right now..

Done4today 05-04-2017 11:55 PM

Welcome Mtphc,

The first few days are the worst of it. To get sober you need to not pick up. You need to fight for it right now. AA central in your area should have people available to call. If not call the next closest and so on. you'll get a voice to chat with. Post here as often as you want. Post here before picking up too. Right now you need to just live in the moment don't drink for the next 5 minutes then repeat. Read, go for walks, drink a ton of water, eat Whole Foods and don't F'n drink booze.

ScottFromWI 05-05-2017 07:09 AM

Hope today can be a better day Mtphc....don't buy anymore alcohol and dump out anything you have left. Today could be the day that you do something different too - see a doctor, go to a meeting, get some recovery related books, etc. You can make the change happen if you truly want to.

tomsteve 05-05-2017 02:44 PM

what happened to this from the other day:
"....and i just have to take action, go to as many meetings that I can, and work the steps ."
???????

did you go to any meetings from the time ya started your last thread?

M, ya say ya need help. if like me, you needed help a long time ago.
when I wanted help AND was willing do go to any lengths for victory over alcohol, that's when the miracle started happening.

Dee74 05-05-2017 04:12 PM

how are things Mtphc?

aussieblue 05-05-2017 04:29 PM

Hi Mtphc,
This really is hard in the beginning , when those urges start try to find something else to do to take your mind of drinking, anything, housework , go for a walk , ring a friend , just get busy . Sending strength your way.

teatreeoil007 05-05-2017 04:32 PM

I find reading to be helpful when I need to get my mind off things it shouldn't be on.

Mtphc 05-05-2017 07:16 PM

Things r bad right now, have missed too much work, yes I know, have mentioned meetings and all but when you're an alcoholic it's not easy. I'm going through a freaking binge right now, it's lasted days.

I want to thank everybody here, your comments have helped me immensely, but I just can't stop, I feel dizzy, nauseous. I think I'm close to alcohol poisoning. This is where I'm at right now, and I'm not looking for attention, I'm simply speaking my mind

fini 05-05-2017 07:21 PM

sounds like the ER would be a place to be if you are in that state right now.
can you call someone to help you get to a detox?

Mtphc 05-05-2017 07:27 PM

..just had dinner, this is helping me, just have to focus on recovery..

Dee74 05-05-2017 07:41 PM

when you're an alcoholic it's not easy.
no its not but that's no reason to do nothing but drink some more, or to give up trying.

I'm an alcoholic too - we all are here - it took hard work but I got sober and I stayed sober.

If I can do it you can too :)

If you're in the middle of a binge and you're worried about withdrawal, see a Dr, man.

A meeting sounds great too.

No matter how ill I was I could always make it to the liquor store...

go get some help mtphc- end the madness :)

D

Mtphc 05-05-2017 07:57 PM

Thanks, Dee, this is affecting my whole family. Yes it feels selfish, but at the same time it's not due to family issues, the time
Came where it just became too much..

Forward12 05-05-2017 08:36 PM

Don't drink
Don't drink,
No matter what, you get the clue :c011: