SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   3 days sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/398504-3-days-sober.html)

alexandros394 10-04-2016 08:03 AM

3 days sober

Three days sober. I never thought I'd get here. The hardest few days of my life with the withdrawal symptoms and the intense urges but this forum has really helped me. I'm just praying I can hold this together and it gets easier. It doesn't help when I'm a student so EVERYONE drinks constantly.

LadyBug66 10-04-2016 08:47 AM

Hang in there, it does get easier.

totfit 10-04-2016 10:01 AM

Keep hanging in. One thing you will notice with sobriety is that not "everyone" even students drink constantly. We tend to associate with those that do and there is a whole world out there that does not............even students :)

ScottFromWI 10-04-2016 10:01 AM

Congrats on 3 days alexandros, the first days are very difficult indeed. It is hard being around others who are drinking, but it's a big assumption that "everyone" drinks. Certainly there is a lot of drinking going on with students/universities but there are a lot of students who don't drink too. We just tend to hang out with the ones who do - and it can be quite difficult finding others to be around. But they are definitely out there...just hang tough and keep looking.

Anna 10-04-2016 11:01 AM

Alexander, 3 days sober is great! And, it will get easier and you will feel better. It is good to remember that not everyone drinks and staying sober in the long-term often involves making lifestyle changes.

Soberwolf 10-04-2016 11:51 AM

Your doing great stick with it brother

waynetheking 10-04-2016 03:13 PM

One day at a time my friend, one day at a time. You can do this. It gets easier as time passes. Hang in there buddy. We're here for ya.

uncorked 10-04-2016 08:46 PM

Hi Alexandros, big props to you for 3 days! I know how hard that must be as a student. I have triplets who just started college and I know it's a constant temptation. You just have to stay away from bars and parties for awhile until you're more comfortable in your sobriety. Surely there are a few AA meetings near campus? Or social activities that don't involve drinking? I'm really impressed that you are taking your sobriety seriously as such a young age. :You_Rock_

advbike 10-09-2016 01:56 AM

Way to go man.. it does get easier, especially after the first week to 10 days. Find others who do not drink, and avoid parties in early sobriety. Good luck.

BrendaChenowyth 10-09-2016 03:19 PM

Be vigilant. 3 days is an accomplishment, but just the very tip of the iceberg. You may still experience withdrawal symptoms and overwhelming cravings.

steve-in-kville 10-09-2016 03:36 PM

The hardest mind block I had to deal with was that every successful person needed to end their day with a bourbon or scotch.

Its a lie. Not true.