SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Sober 4th of July (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/393967-sober-4th-july.html)

wshall 07-03-2016 02:09 PM

Sober 4th of July

I went to a 4th of July celebration last night with some family. On my way back home I got pulled over. When the police officer came to my truck he asked me if I knew why I got pulled over and I honestly didn't know. He said my brake light was out in which I responded "I had no idea". He then asked me if I had been drinking tonight and I smiled real big and said "No sir I have not. Haven't had a drink in quite some time now". He stood there for a second, I guess trying to decide if he believed me or not, then gave me a verbal warning and let me go. I feels real good not to worry about that anymore. Just thought I would share.

Hevyn 07-03-2016 02:42 PM

I know that feeling, wshall. :) I'm so glad for you - congrats on enjoying the celebration sober. We can do this.

Soberwolf 07-04-2016 02:24 AM

Awesome & happy 4th of july

Sober627 07-04-2016 08:07 AM

I can't imagine how proud you felt to have those words come out of your mouth! Good for you!

Have a happy, sober, and safe 4th everyone!

gaffo 07-04-2016 02:40 PM

What a great feeling. It's funny, I am not a cop but when my friends have been drinking or smoking pot it just seems so obvious to me. How did I ever think I was getting away with it?

Hevyn 07-04-2016 02:51 PM

Isn't that the truth, gaffo? :) I thought I was so clever.

thomas11 07-04-2016 06:15 PM

Its a good feeling eah? This is my second 4th of July being sober. I hope to add many more.

SvI 07-04-2016 08:10 PM

This is my first sober 4th and I can't believe how much calmer and happier my life is. Happy independence from our dependence everyone! Lol

leviathan 07-04-2016 09:02 PM

I sure don't miss my traditional way of celebrating July 5th- All the fireworks like throwing-up, screaming headaches, anxiety, and futile hair of the dog.

There's a strong chance I'll wake up happy and rested tomorrow. Thoasands upon thoasands will be hung-over. They can have it.

Cherrybreeze 07-05-2016 09:57 AM

The feeling of driving sober is AWESOME, I have been loving that. My BF had a gig about 45 minutes away from home Sunday night (and it was fun, so I stayed until the end!) and it was such a relief to drive home, even at 2am, to know I was safe and alert.

We went downtown for our city's big festival yesterday, and towards the evening, had a couple of people offer me a beer by practically putting one in my hands. I was able to say no without it being a big deal. We knew a lot of promotors and musicians that were playing, so when they had a cooler full of extra beer at the end of the evening, they were trying hard to get rid of it! It wasn't as hard to say no as I would have thought. I am tired today, but not hungover!

Awesome about the verbal warning. :) Happy 4th!

SoberCAH 07-05-2016 10:18 AM

I have been stopped several times in holiday road blocks.

I always have a cooler with me, so they ask for my consent to search it, which I readily give.

I got pulled over for something 2 - 3 years ago, and the policeman, deputy, state trooper, or whatever, asked me whether I had been drinking.

I told him that I don't drink, and he accepted that without further inquiry (or even a ticket, I think).