SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   I miss Robby (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/392527-i-miss-robby.html)

Jeni26 06-06-2016 12:21 PM

I miss Robby

Just had to say it.

He made a real impact on my life, and it was about this time last year that his health started to decline. I found myself recently reading back on the Authenticity threads, and I was just blown away all over again by what a warm hearted genuine guy he was. I was so privileged to be a small part of his SR life.

Feeling sad tonight. :sad2:

SoberLeigh 06-06-2016 12:33 PM

I miss Robby, also; you don't often come across a RobbyRobot; he was one of a kind.

zjw 06-06-2016 12:49 PM

I sadly missed it all till after the fact. I mean i was here but i jsut always ignored those threads. I had NO IDEA what was going on till after it was all said and done and then i read the threads and was liek OMG WTF WAS I? I was here just always ignored those trheads no idea why.

but what always got me was his upbeat positive attitude no matter what. I'm so flabergasted by that. and it just speaks volumes to me. and makes me realize how it is possible to remain positive and upbeat no matter what life throws at ya. and that if he can do it i can do it.

If only i could remember to do it all the time! this might call for a tattoo of sorts I have a few diff ones that are just reminders to me. its amazing how you can have something tattood to you and STILL forget lol.

wish i hadnt missed the boat on those threads liek I did but maybe there is a good reason for it.

ScottFromWI 06-06-2016 01:44 PM

He was a very wise and kind person. And I think looking back at his thread for inspiration would be exactly what he'd want us to do. He truly accepted his addiction in the face of overwhelming ( and eventually insurmountable ) odds.

The most important thing I learned from him is that literally NOTHING can stop one from achieving and maintaining sobriety if we truly want to. Not even the face of imminent death.

trachemys 06-06-2016 03:46 PM

Robby was a Titan. An irresistible force. His positive attitude was contagious.

Hawkeye13 06-06-2016 03:48 PM

yes, it was

Bethany57 06-06-2016 04:39 PM

He was genius. He had so much he could have complained about and never did...always saw the positive - never the negative.

fini 06-06-2016 06:44 PM

me too, Jeni.

strategery 06-06-2016 07:01 PM

I miss him too. He had lots of wisdom and has always been a special part of SR.

puffy 06-06-2016 09:24 PM

I think of him often. He was unique, kind hearted, smart as heck and the list goes on. His presence was one of a kind! Miss him dearly. My first friend on SR.

Della1968 06-07-2016 06:00 AM

Me too :( He was a special person.

FBL 06-07-2016 07:58 AM

I also miss Robby. Also CarolD and grtgrandpa (aka "Gramps"). All three helped me so much over the years.

Anna 06-07-2016 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI (Post 5987483)
He was a very wise and kind person. And I think looking back at his thread for inspiration would be exactly what he'd want us to do. He truly accepted his addiction in the face of overwhelming ( and eventually insurmountable ) odds.

The most important thing I learned from him is that literally NOTHING can stop one from achieving and maintaining sobriety if we truly want to. Not even the face of imminent death.

I agree. In fact, I have looked over some of his old posts from time to time. I know he wanted to be able to write more, but he left us with a lot of inspiring words.

bemyself 06-07-2016 03:54 PM

Agreed. Lately, I've been finding myself noticing where this year is at (calendar wise) because it's the last few months / weeks in the lead up to his death. I too visited the latter parts of Authenticity only a couple of days ago. It was, for me, probably the most deeply-felt and well, just huge, discussion amongst SR friends that I've been part of over four or more years of reading / participating in SR.

We gathered around Robby and Melissa in a journey which is (universally) totally normal for human beings - and yet it was full of individual reflections, for we each have to do life and then dying with whatever resources we have. And by gee, we gathered up A LOT. Music, poetry, philosophy, faith, despair...hilarity, irony, and just sheer old-fashioned gumption. I've never forgotten that period, and will never forget Robby.

I think he was also one of my very first PM friends on SR too. He never gave up on, nor dismissed, me when I'd relapsed. His consistent message was 'I have faith in you'. Now I'm practising having faith in myself.

TheEnd 06-10-2016 06:05 PM

Yeah, he was a pretty awesome person and had a huge impact on my recovery as well.

Cow 06-11-2016 06:23 PM

Robot. He take me under his wing, I not know why. I think he maybe enjoy our little existential chess matches.( Of course, we know who always win.) My favorite was when he say, "Tarnations girl!" Which mean he think I onto something good.

He was something good. Still is.

bemyself 08-05-2016 09:57 PM

Welp (as tomsteve would say in that strange US dialect),

I just want to bump this thread. Only a week or so until the first anniversary of Robby's death. I was thinking about it the other day. August, September, and November especially for me include important memoriams. Robby's is a major one for this community.

Dee74 08-05-2016 10:24 PM

I missed this thread the first time round.

I think the really great thing about SR is all those who have gone in one sense are still very much here

Its a fantastic legacy :)

D

trachemys 08-06-2016 01:40 AM

Not just for Robby, for all those:

brynn 08-06-2016 07:31 AM

Robby gave me my first hug on SR. Every time I give a hug I think of him.

RIP dear Robby :hug:
xoxo