SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Day 7 after relapse this is still terrible (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/377871-day-7-after-relapse-still-terrible.html)

Jfire 10-23-2015 11:55 AM

Encouraging words Leigh , Thank you

Jfire 10-24-2015 02:28 PM

End of day 9 , ate loads today , cooked steak broccoli peas mash , ate brown bread with garlic chive cheese mayo tomato and chilli sauce (think that was my dinner yesterday) and breakfast oatmeal with musli and banana usually, walked the beach and can really notice my muscle loss and fatique hoping to sleep tonight as still riddled with insomnia but its par for the course , when youve come so far you don't mind going another bit , I'm still feeling fragile and emotional and dying for 8 hours sleep and maybe neighbour will pick me up for meeting tomorrow , that would be nice , its 9 days I dont want to put others off quitting but I drank a lot last week on top of a lot of librium ;(, think one night brandy and librium lots of both so no wonder I'm in a mess still, could be a sleep thing, anyway it does get better the further the path the narrower hopefully

Jfire 10-24-2015 02:29 PM

I could edit the flaws in my post but they reflect my present state

SoberLeigh 10-24-2015 02:40 PM

Jfire, it is going to get better, I promise - much, much better - but it is going to take time (and patience) and the unwavering belief that there is an exponentially better way to live in your future. There is.

Your body, mind and spirit are healing. It takes a huge amount of energy for your body to heal; your body is responding by slowing you down so that it can expend the energy on healing; if you feel weak, take it easy, rest, drink water, have something to eat (maybe keep some protein bars handy).

I felt a considerable amount of lethargy in early recovery; it didn't begin to dissipate until about the six month mark but the important thing is that it did and completely.

Sobriety is worth this period of discomfort. Choosing sobriety is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I am so glad that I saw it through. You will, too.

BixBees505 10-24-2015 02:52 PM

My thanks to Jfire for posting and to the SR angels for responding the encouragement and hope given to one helps so many more.

Hang in, Jfire, you are among true friends.

Dee74 10-24-2015 03:02 PM

hey jfire - I remember things getting better after day 10, so hang in there :)

D

Debbie329 10-24-2015 04:36 PM

Jfire........that sounds like some fabulous food......steak is loaded w vitamin b as are the peas and broccoli.........your liver is thanking you. I agree w sober Leigh your body is healing itself and digestion takes a lot of energy. Keep eating .....you'll feel better day by day.

Jfire 10-25-2015 04:47 AM

"unwavering belief that there is an exponentially better way to live in your future" ,
I'm working on that and hope I do find a better way to live my life !.
Many thanks guys for all the words and encouragement it helped along this awful time that I'm sure many of you know well, yeah day 10 slept well kind of , when I wake there's a surge of anxiety that keeps me awake but I'm sure its the brain re balancing , its good to know this fatique is part of the healing process , was lying in bed last night but okay with not sleeping , fine to just be there so that's good , okay day ten lets be done with you , how long before the apathy lifts , wait I should be grateful things are better than last week

Dee74 10-25-2015 04:53 AM

Getting through the fatigue and the amotivation is different for everyone I think. I reckon a little light exercise really helps jfire :)

D

Jfire 10-25-2015 07:35 AM

Yeah Im looking forward to seeing the back of day 10 theres some about day 10 thats reassuring

Jfire 10-25-2015 08:09 AM

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing the back of day 10 there's some about day 10 that is reassuring and was on my mind last couple of days , ill leave the light exercise until tomorrow as was out for a walk yesterday , iv a feeling ill actually enjoy it after day 10 , thanks Dee, thanks Debbie , the meal was nice and prepared because of the protein and B vitamins its an Irish staple tonight , Bacon cabbage mash potato and mustard with white sauce ;), its reassuring to know that my body is healing itself and I am getting there , Yay ,

Soberwolf 10-26-2015 04:56 AM

Your doing great

Dropsie 10-26-2015 05:41 AM

Jfire,

As hard as it seems, keep on trucking. We are with you in the side cab.

You are worth it.

Jfire 10-26-2015 11:43 AM

Thanks Dropsie and sober wolf, yeah its better today but still no fun :) , I'm waiting for my spirit to come back which gets lost in the liquor , thing better with each day and I feel a power sleep coming on tonight , thinking today that this was way better done without librium so I could really get a sense of what I was doing to myself and feel the pain and emotions , should help deter me from that 1st drink , i have a treatment centre screening on Thursday so looking forward to that , had light swim today can just about do the pool and 2 months ago I paddled out 30 metres Surfing on a dangerous reef break no problem , goes to show the effect of lots of alcohol and its after effects :headbange

SoberLeigh 10-26-2015 11:57 AM

Welcome to Day 11, Jfire.

Swimming sounds like a great activity.

Things are going to get easier and easier; even on days when you are not 'feeling' it, your body and mind are making progress.

You are doing very well. Keep on!!!!

Soberwolf 10-27-2015 05:05 AM

11 days is superb

Jfire 10-28-2015 01:12 PM

Bring on day 14 tomorrow , I'm good and thanks all for words of encouragement and hope , watched ( and enjoyed ) a film last night , my sleeping is getting deeper and more prolonged , I seem to like when night falls as its another day DONE , I'm happy to be at this end of things bring on the high that usually follows as you brain finally gets regulated and start pumping out the dopamine again ;) ;) ;)

SoberLeigh 10-28-2015 01:14 PM

Great job, Jfire. The only thing than going to bed sober is waking-up hangover-free the next morning.

Power on.