SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Messed Up Again :( (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/376775-messed-up-again.html)

violetflame 10-04-2015 01:57 PM

Messed Up Again :(

Hello All, I havent posted in a while. I been though hell and back. Lost my job. Got into a severe depression. I had to go back to my psychiatrist and he changed all my meds and I felt better. I started going to meetings everyday and I stopped drinking for like 7 days and I felt much better. The problem is I am still depressed because my ex boyfriend and I broke up. Its been about 6 weeks since I haven't seen him and I actually started trying to see a new guy. But last night I drank a whole bottle of wine and I texted him telling him that I loved him and I wanted him back. I did this while the new guy was in my house. I woke up feeling terribly depressed. I do not want to drink anymore. I am going to pick up a white chip and really surrender this time. I am glad to be back and posting again. Any support would be appreciated.

bullmas 10-04-2015 02:10 PM

V.F.
Alcohol chemically is a depressant , get back in the game and stay in don't quit!
Each challenge you overcome without drinking will build your endurance and make you stronger !!

Dee74 10-04-2015 03:06 PM

I'm sorry for all that's happened...but I'm glad you're back and have the makings of a plan Violet :)

D

Hevyn 10-04-2015 03:12 PM

We're so glad to see you, Violetflame. Thankfully, you don't have to settle for that misery. You can have success this time.

gonzo51511 10-04-2015 05:26 PM

Yes vf keep coming back.. i to lost a very important relationship and it saddens me deeply.. i dont know if you really want to get back with your ex or not (i dont know if i do either) but drinking will obviously only destroy any chance. We must get sober for ourselves. Id say your on the right track getting back to AA and i would recommend finding a sponsor.. the fellowship of AA is great but only one side of the triangle.. the steps is where the magic happens.. good luck!!

ScottFromWI 10-04-2015 06:51 PM

Welcome back violet, glad you are going to a meeting tomorrow. Don't forget some someone is always here if you need company or extra support.

fini 10-04-2015 07:42 PM

VF,
good to see you back.

no matter what else is going on, putting your energy into sobriety will be a positive.

SoberLeigh 10-04-2015 07:46 PM

Welcome back, violetflame.

I am sorry about the loss of your job and the break-up with your boyfriend.

Let us know how the AA meeting goes.

We are here for you.

Tooshabby 10-04-2015 08:20 PM

You can do it, violetflame, and you will feel so much better for it :-)

Jsbodhi 10-04-2015 08:52 PM

Even if I didn 't do anything wrong and my life is perfect I still get depressed after drinking- it does that xo
I had a bad break up last winter, I know how you feel xo
I'm still not completely over him but oh well.

violetflame 10-05-2015 07:40 AM

Yes. I will not drink today. It only leads to my texting him and making a fool of myself when he obviously does not want to be with me. That relationship was not very healthy for me anyway. He did not drink and I did not drink when I was with him, but there were lots of other issues involved. I am going to a meeting today. I have a friend who is an ex addict and he has been coming with me. We do AA one day and NA the next. Both are helpful. But I do admit I drank last night. Not a whole bottle but 3 glasses. Enough to do some damage and text my ex again. He even told me to stop. I have to regain my self respect and let this reltionship go. If he really wanted to be with me he would. I need to work on myself. And a big part of that is to stop drinking and get healthy. Thank you for all your support.

Hevyn 10-05-2015 09:01 AM

I hope the meeting goes well, violet - I like your attitude. :)

doggonecarl 10-05-2015 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by violetflame (Post 5586365)
I have to regain my self respect and let this reltionship go.

yeah, let the old relationship go and probably the new one. Focus on your recovery, not romance.

Soberwolf 10-05-2015 10:38 AM

So glad your back with us

PurpleKnight 10-05-2015 10:54 AM

Welcome back Violet!! :)