SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XII: "Rubik's Moo" (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/372059-diary-mad-cow-part-xii-rubiks-moo.html)

Tooshabby 08-10-2015 08:56 PM

Yes - very positive.

I've got something else positive....I've been wanting to say this on other threads but felt like it would be too tangential. I ADORE (sorry for shouting) Gilmer's dog in front of the mirror. I think I can say this on this thread because Cow obviously loves animals and will 'get it'. Sooooooo cute. The way his or her little back and ears are scrunched up...and looking in the mirror like that..?!!! Omg...off the richter scale on the cuteness factor!!! :-D

Cow 08-10-2015 09:04 PM

Mmm. Mhmm. Mmm. Yes, well, I suppose that very positive. Very positive, indeed. ... ... but, you know, is pretty much establish that Cow adorability is unsurpass, okay? I just saying.

Tooshabby 08-10-2015 09:11 PM

Tee hee....I won't argue with that :-)

Gilmer 08-10-2015 11:55 PM

Thanks, Tooshabby. That's Wilbur, my daughter's dog. He cops an attitude with dogs three times his size--and they just stare at him!

Tooshabby 08-11-2015 12:12 AM

Ohhhhhh....Wilbur.....I'm in love!!!

We lost our fox terrier, Martin, aka Boo, aka 'naughtiest dog in the world' last year. God, I miss him so much. Not very positive, I know, but that's life.

Thanks for sharing that, Gilmer. I wonder what those big dogs are thinking?

Cow 08-11-2015 12:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wilbur?! What, is he born in 1800's?

I had doggie once, here he is ... ... maybe his temperament remind you of somebody you know...

Tooshabby 08-11-2015 12:31 AM

Heh heh. Wasn't that the name of the pig in Charlotte's web?

Ohhhh...littlest honeyest-bunniest in the entire world, me thinketh!!! What a schnookums :-) He/she looks like they've had a hard night out on the town(?) A sensitive soul, by the looks.

Gilmer 08-11-2015 12:35 AM

Your dog looks like Jack Benny, Cow!

I think the big dogs think, "With one move I could snap your neck!"

He was named after the pig in Charlotte's Web. He snorts and reminds us of a pig.

Tooshabby 08-11-2015 12:48 AM

Ha ha...I would understand that except for one thing....he doesn't have a neck!

Cow 08-11-2015 12:54 AM

Glimmer, I loves Jack Benny and has listen to all his old time radio programs (before they was TV). He one of my favorite comedian!

Shabby, Dusty was dog who always seem annoy and "over it" with regard to humans, so he and I very similar, no to mention our equal "we not give crap about our hair" attitude. Although Dusty was total mohawking before mohawking was even cool.

Tooshabby 08-11-2015 01:15 AM

Awwwww.....Dusty. Wow, do you really think he had our number? Probably did. What a sweetheart. Love the hair :-D

Cow 08-11-2015 02:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
To be honest, Shabs, he was pretty well adjusted dog until remodel worker at house stomp and kick at him, cuz he get in they way. He never the same. Was like his trust of human was total broken. I can relate to that.

Dusty never even trust me after that. Except, I does remember was one night, was huge storm, and Dusty very afraid and even though he fight it, I just grab him into bed with me. He shake and shiver at both storm and me, but I hold him very tight. After 2 or so hour go by, he final relax and I could tell he feel safe, and I hold him snug all night. I thought this maybe restore his trust in me, but that was last time he ever submit to trust before he put down for painful hip displacement.

I not really think much about him anymore. But, once in while, in middle of lucid dream about something total unrelated, he come out of nowhere and jumps on my bed and curl up to sleeps with me.

(If AO was here now she be all over this!)

Tooshabby 08-11-2015 02:59 AM

That****** *****! Let me at him! Poor Dusty :-( What's the matter with people?!

From what I have read, I think maybe you don't believe in woo woo stuff, Cow, if you know what I mean. I'm a bit of an old hippie, and without wanting to trample all over your beliefs, I personally believe that when you have lucid dreams like that....that's him. That's Dusty. Such a beautiful story about the storm xx

Kris47 08-11-2015 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by walkbeformakrun (Post 5504260)

It was a three speed bike. I remember that. But I will buy you a ten just to make up for that other poor girl. It was Ann Arbor. My favorite place besides Manhattan.

.............could of been me if that was a typo and it was 1969.

I always seemed to make it back home none the worse for the wear or tear.

2ndhandrose 08-11-2015 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cow (Post 5506117)
To be honest, Shabs, he was pretty well adjusted dog until remodel worker at house stomp and kick at him, cuz he get in they way. He never the same. Was like his trust of human was total broken. I can relate to that.

Dusty never even trust me after that. Except, I does remember was one night, was huge storm, and Dusty very afraid and even though he fight it, I just grab him into bed with me. He shake and shiver at both storm and me, but I hold him very tight. After 2 or so hour go by, he final relax and I could tell he feel safe, and I hold him snug all night. I thought this maybe restore his trust in me, but that was last time he ever submit to trust before he put down for painful hip displacement.

I not really think much about him anymore. But, once in while, in middle of lucid dream about something total unrelated, he come out of nowhere and jumps on my bed and curl up to sleeps with me.

(If AO was here now she be all over this!)

(((cow))) this brought me to tears :grouphug:

Quirky 08-11-2015 10:20 AM

I think those who abuse animals (and children and the elderly of course) are the lowest scum on this earth. Nothing makes me more mad or sad than hearing stories of abuse.
I pray Karma jumped up and got that guy big time.
Cow, have you thought about getting another dog? It is really nice to have a little critter around for companionship , and in my case that wonderful unconditional love that my dogs give me.

Cow 08-11-2015 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by 2ndhandrose (Post 5506512)
(((cow))) this brought me to tears :grouphug:

Me too, Rosy, me too.

RTDB, yes, I has think of this, but until I feels well enough healthwise and secure enough in sobriety, I not feel is responsible to get dog. Right now, I doing lot of pet sitting for friends to get feel for having dog again. Next I gonna volunteer at no-kill shelter where other friend work, and where, I guessing, it pretty likely I gonna fall for somebody.

Spacegoat 08-11-2015 01:28 PM

Aw man, what a cute little guy :confused:

Tooshabby 08-11-2015 02:21 PM

Yep, I think the 'no-kill shelter' (lol) will be your undoing.....yay!!!

trachemys 08-11-2015 03:20 PM

Cow, what about fostering? Test your desire for a pet without long-term commitment.