SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   What colour eyes do you have? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/283785-what-colour-eyes-do-you-have.html)

Gforce23 02-12-2013 02:09 PM

Green! While there are exceptions to every "generality," I'd say that the results from your poll are pretty striking--and so are the color of your eyes, I'm sure!

escapist 02-12-2013 04:22 PM

grey green blue . Depends on what I'm wearing.

Mulch 02-12-2013 04:36 PM

blue

MrTumble 02-12-2013 09:31 PM

Shoreladylu, thanks :-)

exauhsted 02-14-2013 06:09 PM

Blue..Just like my brothers.

Someday when we meet up yonder
We'll stroll hand in hand again
In the land that knows no parting
Blue eyes crying in the rain

Bigndfan175 02-15-2013 08:40 AM

that's fascinating to me - thanks for sharing - I'd like to know more about that study to see what the correlation is so thanks for the link!

Road 02-15-2013 02:28 PM

I have blue eyes.

redrosie 02-24-2013 02:25 PM

I have quite dark brown eyes.

NoelleR 02-24-2013 05:43 PM

I'm sorry, but this is just plain silly. One can do a study and gather statistics and make those statistics say whatever they want them to say.

There was a study done that showed thst greater 85% of men in prison had tattoos. The study went on to summerize that a person with tattoos had a grester propensity to go to (wind up in) prison than a person without tattoos.....RUBBISH!!!!!

Remember folks..........all volkswagons are csrs, BUT all cars are not volkswagons.

(o:
NoelleR

Midlifecrisis 02-24-2013 06:50 PM

Blue but quite often they are red atm

flavinho 02-24-2013 09:07 PM

Light brown eyes

babycat 02-25-2013 08:33 AM

Very dark brown, almost black eyes. I am Irish/ Japanese/German and I definitely used to get the Asian flush when drinking. It stopped happening as I began to drink more oddly enough.
I do find this study a bit silly, I must say.

goldiilocks 02-25-2013 08:41 AM

I am glad you brought up the Native American thing, Laurie... I was just about to comment on that. :)

Leo17 02-25-2013 08:45 AM

I think light colored eyes people are more sensitive in some ways than dark colored eye people. Obviously can't tell for sure, but I can see how it might be true.

ReadyAndAble 02-25-2013 11:43 AM

I see the cat in your avatar has found a way to avoid such silly stereotyping.

Lifewillgetbet 02-25-2013 11:54 AM

Dark brown.

john44 02-27-2013 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by babycat (Post 3834973)
Very dark brown, almost black eyes. I am Irish/ Japanese/German and I definitely used to get the Asian flush when drinking. It stopped happening as I began to drink more oddly enough.
I do find this study a bit silly, I must say.

Why do you find it silly? Did you read my post about genetic predisposition? This study is NOT saying that eye color determines suseptibility to alcoholism. It's simply saying that eye color can indicate membership in a genetic group that has more or less experience with alcohol than other groups i.e. light-eyed northern europeans have much less experience with alcohol than people of mediterranean or middle eastern descent and thus higher rates of alcoholism.

It makes sense, it's interesting and if it leads to further investigation into the genetic causes of alcoholism, it will be very valuable.

fantail 02-28-2013 03:25 AM

Studies like this also don't only focus on the issues investigated (eye color, alcoholics). As someone mentioned, the people who administered the experiment were hypothesizing that melanin may have a connection to the speed of signal transmission through the nervous system. If they do other studies investigating that premise, they may find other evidence of this idea, or disprove it. And that will be an advancement with many implications outside of predicting alcoholism.

And, as John mentions, it may also help them move forward in learning more about genetics and alcoholism, which may mean someday a prevention method is determined (not abortion! medication or a special diet etc). Which would be amazing!

Fernaceman 02-28-2013 04:48 AM

This got kind of intense at times, fun thread! ;)

People who prefer Coca-Cola to Pepsi are also said to have a higher chance of developing alcoholism. Not really, but it does sound intriguing to me.

FinallyFinished 02-28-2013 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Fernaceman (Post 3839397)
This got kind of intense at times, fun thread! ;)

People who prefer Coca-Cola to Pepsi are also said to have a higher chance of developing alcoholism. Not really, but it does sound intriguing to me.

Doesn't everyone prefer Coke to Pepsi?