SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   I made it my week (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/244676-i-made-my-week.html)

InsertNameHere 12-30-2011 03:12 AM

I made it my week

WHOOOT! I made it! I have been wanting to make this thread since I posted my last one. Only took me more than a month of confusion, dissapointment, and lessons sorley learned. But so long as I stick with this it was worth it.

Thank you to all of the people that gave me advice and encouragment throught my struggles in figuring this out. Not that I am saying I have it completley figured out just that you have helped me make forward progress and I appreciate it.

Looking forward to another one.

INH

:c017:

Fandy 12-30-2011 03:24 AM

congrats on your first week! i hope you feel good enough to go for a double! (2 weeks)

langkah 12-30-2011 03:34 AM

Excellent to see, let's do this again a week from now.

zorilla 12-30-2011 04:29 AM

Awesome!!!!!!!

vivid-red 12-30-2011 04:38 AM

Congrats,

I have also achieved 1 week today and it feels good....

keep it up!:scoregood

Dee74 12-30-2011 04:44 AM

Congratulations to the both of you :)

D

Dee74 12-30-2011 04:44 AM

Congratulations to the both of you :)

D

bmwcycle 12-30-2011 05:41 AM

Well done, a day turns into a week a week turns into a month a month turns into a year!!

Great job, and good luck in the future.

Dominica2 12-30-2011 05:44 AM

Great!!!! INH, that is absolutely fantastic! Congrats!

cbcedd 12-30-2011 08:27 AM

Way to go INH! I've been waiting to see this thread! Time to double down now!

InsertNameHere 12-31-2011 05:14 PM

Day 9

Hey everybody,

Just checking in to let you all know that I didn't go out and "celebrate" my 7 days or anything ;).

First of all thanks everyone for the congratulations, secondly Happy New Year!

Of course what post of mine would be complete without the random thought? So when I was watching family guy, (something, something, something, dark side) last night and when I was reading something that was posted by another SR member yesterday, I laughed my ass off. I know that isn't something all that remarkable but it struck me that I didn't laugh like that anymore. Don't get me wrong I used to laugh and didn't consider myself unhappy (well most of the time) but I don't remember the last time I was litterally struggling to breathe because I was laughing. It felt good. I wonder if that is the flipside to the coin many people post about, meaning being horribly depressed or crying a lot when they quit. I am not unusually happy or sad recently just content, but I am usually a very emotionally reserved person, so I guess it all comes down to your personality. I just remember reading people reassuring others who were going through some dark times that all those emotions have been muddled down over the years by alcohol and are only now boiling to the surface, I guess the same can be true of good ones.

INH

Zencat 12-31-2011 06:01 PM

http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif Congrats INH and hendrixstrat, WTG! http://bestsmileys.com/sparkle/1.gif

CRAZE 12-31-2011 07:56 PM

Congrats on your progress!!

ForeverDecember 12-31-2011 09:04 PM

:a122: you rock!

InsertNameHere 01-02-2012 08:30 AM

Day 11

Still hanging in there came close last night to getting in the car and going to the store because I didn't have to work today. It kinda sucked there for a couple of hours talking myself into and out of going to get beer. I never made it out of the house but the thought was there and pretty tempting. I am doing alright now, though I am sure that same feeling/desire is going to hit this evening.

Like I said still hanging in there.

INH

stepping 01-02-2012 08:54 AM

HANG IN THERE INH. This is day 2 for me and I am watching your progress..it's inspiring! :)

Zebra1275 01-02-2012 09:36 AM

Glad you didn't cave on day 11.

Are you involved in any program of recovery (for me that's AA) or are you "white knuckling" it?

After trying to quit on my own a zillion times, I finally gave up and tried AA. I've found the face to face aspect of AA important in staying sober.

InsertNameHere 01-03-2012 02:44 AM

Failed. After posting my last one I went grocery shopping and eventually bought beer. I fought with myself for a good half hour and delayed going down that aisle for quite a while but I eventually did. I feel stupid. Well here we go again.

INH

Sapling 01-03-2012 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere (Post 3227464)
Failed. After posting my last one I went grocery shopping and eventually bought beer. I fought with myself for a good half hour and delayed going down that aisle for quite a while but I eventually did. I feel stupid. Well here we go again.

INH

I wouldn't look at it as failed....I'd look at it is as one more lesson you have learned why you have to stop this stuff for good....It comes down to...Who is in control?....Keep trudging along...You can't let it win...It will kill you.

timetochange 01-03-2012 03:14 AM

INH- It takes courage to be honest. When I "fail", I typically just avoid this board at all costs.
Try not to beat yourself up but learn from it, try to go back and see what may have contributed to you"giving in". Boredom is definately huge. Often for me it is boredom (or my own version of boredom because there is actually plenty to do, always! I just don't "feel" like it, I feel like drinking) or hunger.
After a setback, I always ask myself, "so what are you going to do, just give up?" I try to imagine a life of just drinking with reckless abandon and not even trying anymore. Awful!
I am just learning all of this, just like you. Never give up.