SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Nearly Arrested Today.... Sober!!!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/237662-nearly-arrested-today-sober.html)

Justfor1 09-30-2011 04:41 PM

Nearly Arrested Today.... Sober!!!!!

So as most know I'm currently unemployed. Of course, I have managed ways to make money. One being donating plasma. I was doing it 2X a week & was making about $60 a week. Today the plasma worker checked my arms & accused me of IV drug use! The boss (a nurse/doctor) was called over & I was asked to leave. I become very agitated & started yelling that I don't shoot heroin!! I never did, I only snorted it. I think what they thought was a track mark was my hospital IV from when I overdosed last month. The police were called and because I never threatened the worker they let me go. I am now barred from all plasma centers. The thing is that it wasn't a track mark and they just assumed. I am no longer gambling either so I will have absolutely no income. I'm still waiting on my license hearing results which will lead to a job in a upscale restaurant. Anyways, thanks for reading.

CarolD 09-30-2011 04:47 PM

I did that too to supplement low paying jobs....but no one ever questioned me ...sorry it happened to you...:yup:

Justfor1 09-30-2011 05:04 PM

Carol, and once you are "barred" from one center then you barred from all of them. It is a good way to make extra money & you are also helping to produce valuable medications.

eJoshua 09-30-2011 09:40 PM

That sucks... :( I'm sorry.

Things will get better I know, stay strong.

24hrsAday 10-01-2011 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by eJoshua (Post 3122411)
That sucks... :( I'm sorry.

Things will get better I know, stay strong.

indeed! tough situations always pass.. looking back i can honestly only credit God for saving my ass in seemingly hopeless times. it will get better! ODAAT.

sugarbear1 10-01-2011 11:24 AM

Can you write them an honest letter stating the mark was from a medical procedure. Also get a statement from the hospital stating you were there for a medical procedure? Without detail regarding specific reason(s).?.

Or, take it to mean it's time for a change. If you're donating & snorting, not great for plasma recipients...

Also, take a look at your reactionary behavior, no one deserves that treatment (yes, you are early in recovery, but that could lead to a resentment & possible relapse) and your yelling/defensive reaction clued them in that maybe...who knows. Glad you're sober & not OD'ing today!

Love & hugs,

Justfor1 10-01-2011 01:16 PM

sugerbear, I think your right. I yelled, "I don't shoot heroin, I have only snorted it!" You are suppose to not have an extensive drug/alcohol history if you donate. All my usual tricks are used up & I think it's God telling me to get a job. :yup: I had a craving yesterday to hit the bottle. I, painfully, remembered that the one bottle of cheap Vodka will lead to a minimum of a 2-3 day bender with drugs/booze. I went to a 9pm meeting last night & talked about my anger.

choublak 10-01-2011 01:34 PM

All plasma centers, nationwide?

Justfor1 10-01-2011 02:21 PM

Choublak, I'm not sure. I believe in the surrounding area Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin ect... It may be for the best. I miss working & being a productive member of society. I use to be a pretty good bartender/server. I was already on my last warning at the center due to coming into donate smelling like booze. I would not be able to donate, sometimes, because my blood pressure would be high.It doesn't effect the plasma in anyway though. I have to see what my criminal background is so I can see what jobs I'm able to apply to. I have very few convictions. I have nearly always been lucky with my court cases.

choublak 10-01-2011 02:33 PM

Well, you'll need to stay sober for job interviews as they do drug testing.

I hope it works out for you.