Notices

Nearly Arrested Today.... Sober!!!!!

Old 09-30-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Nearly Arrested Today.... Sober!!!!!

So as most know I'm currently unemployed. Of course, I have managed ways to make money. One being donating plasma. I was doing it 2X a week & was making about $60 a week. Today the plasma worker checked my arms & accused me of IV drug use! The boss (a nurse/doctor) was called over & I was asked to leave. I become very agitated & started yelling that I don't shoot heroin!! I never did, I only snorted it. I think what they thought was a track mark was my hospital IV from when I overdosed last month. The police were called and because I never threatened the worker they let me go. I am now barred from all plasma centers. The thing is that it wasn't a track mark and they just assumed. I am no longer gambling either so I will have absolutely no income. I'm still waiting on my license hearing results which will lead to a job in a upscale restaurant. Anyways, thanks for reading.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I did that too to supplement low paying jobs....but no one ever questioned me ...sorry it happened to you...
Old 09-30-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Carol, and once you are "barred" from one center then you barred from all of them. It is a good way to make extra money & you are also helping to produce valuable medications.

Last edited by Justfor1; 09-30-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: sorry I just repeated myself. You can delete this post.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm here to learn!

That sucks... I'm sorry.

Things will get better I know, stay strong.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by eJoshua View Post
That sucks... I'm sorry.

Things will get better I know, stay strong.
indeed! tough situations always pass.. looking back i can honestly only credit God for saving my ass in seemingly hopeless times. it will get better! ODAAT.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

Can you write them an honest letter stating the mark was from a medical procedure. Also get a statement from the hospital stating you were there for a medical procedure? Without detail regarding specific reason(s).?.

Or, take it to mean it's time for a change. If you're donating & snorting, not great for plasma recipients...

Also, take a look at your reactionary behavior, no one deserves that treatment (yes, you are early in recovery, but that could lead to a resentment & possible relapse) and your yelling/defensive reaction clued them in that maybe...who knows. Glad you're sober & not OD'ing today!

Love & hugs,
Old 10-01-2011, 01:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

sugerbear, I think your right. I yelled, "I don't shoot heroin, I have only snorted it!" You are suppose to not have an extensive drug/alcohol history if you donate. All my usual tricks are used up & I think it's God telling me to get a job. I had a craving yesterday to hit the bottle. I, painfully, remembered that the one bottle of cheap Vodka will lead to a minimum of a 2-3 day bender with drugs/booze. I went to a 9pm meeting last night & talked about my anger.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All plasma centers, nationwide?
Old 10-01-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Choublak, I'm not sure. I believe in the surrounding area Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin ect... It may be for the best. I miss working & being a productive member of society. I use to be a pretty good bartender/server. I was already on my last warning at the center due to coming into donate smelling like booze. I would not be able to donate, sometimes, because my blood pressure would be high.It doesn't effect the plasma in anyway though. I have to see what my criminal background is so I can see what jobs I'm able to apply to. I have very few convictions. I have nearly always been lucky with my court cases.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, you'll need to stay sober for job interviews as they do drug testing.

I hope it works out for you.