SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Today is... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/231782-today.html)

LotusBlossom 07-15-2011 07:11 AM

Today is...

6 months! ^-^;. I thought I'd be ecstatic...jubilant, over the moon...then go celebrate with a beer (JUST KIDDING!). In all honesty...I am overwhelmingly grateful and humbled. Grateful is quite obvious but humbled by the amount of support that is out here both in just the strength exuded by everyone and the active support back from everyone. I was almost fired back in January from missing too much work due to hangovers (honesty...honesty). I had a heart to heart with my boss and told him straight up what the deal was. Since then, I have been given a $1 million a year in revenue project that has some pretty major capital equipment associated with it, finalized my divorce (alcoholic ex too), lost 30 lbs, worked through some very severe emotional and physical abuse and underlying problems associated with that, and connected back with some people I hadn't in a while. I still feel empty on certain days, but not because there's no alcohol. I know I will always be a slave if I let myself under its control again.

I have a very long way to go (we are always working on things...right?) but I am so thankful for having made it this far. I feel proud of what I have accomplished on many levels and that's saying a lot as I am never satisfied with what I do and feel it's never enough.

I lurk more than I post and just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts on here. Everything is super insightful and helpful. Keep up the fight for it will never give you a break and will fight to rear it's ugly head.

Mark75 07-15-2011 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by lotusblossom021;
I still feel empty on certain days.

We all do, alcoholics, recovered alcoholics, non-alcoholics.... Part of life, really. The difference for me was that I used to change that feeling with alcohol or pills... Maybe it was that way for you. It's what I did to change that feeling, or eliminate feeling all together.

Spiritual solutions have been used by mankind since the beginning... No, not religion, and I'm not a bible thumper or anything like that....religion was invented as a way to conceptualize the spiritual.... Find a concept that resonates with you... you may find the antidote there.

Congratulations on 6 months... Keep coming back!

anew 07-15-2011 07:28 AM

Congratulations on 6 months!:c031: I find that gratitude is key to my contented sobriety.

MycoolFitz 07-15-2011 07:39 AM

Congradulations and thanks for helping lead the way for others.

Opivotal 07-15-2011 08:20 AM

Congratulations! 6 months is terrific. Keep up the good work.

:day1

Best Wishes To You!

recoverywfaith 07-15-2011 08:43 AM

:day1 Congrats!!!

Kjell 07-15-2011 08:46 AM

Congrats LB!

I'm about 19 months sober and I don't always feel good either, but I'm no longer a slave to alcohol.

Things are getting better in my life too and part of the reason is I finally got honest with myself and everyone else.

They say the truth will set you free, but it hurts like heck :)

Keep up the good work.

Kjell~

mirage 07-15-2011 08:52 AM

Wow..congrats to you, what a great post! SO happy for you. :)
Thanks to Mark, too...gave me somethin to think about.

rws177 07-15-2011 09:09 AM

Congrats on the 6 months!!! :c031:

CarolD 07-15-2011 10:49 AM

Good to know of your progress....:funjump:

My action for that Blah feeling....pray and go find someone needing my assistance...:yup:

Brucel 07-15-2011 11:28 AM

I showed up at work today with many things on my mind. You acheiving 6 months put a spark in this otherwise normal day. See, for me it's being able to watch others recover that puts my recovery into perspective. Way to go on 6 months.

Zebra1275 07-15-2011 02:17 PM

Congratulations on 6 months!

SDSurfn 07-15-2011 02:20 PM

congrats! blah feeling or not you are an inspiration to me.

-SD

Dee74 07-15-2011 02:33 PM

Congratulations LotusBlossom :)

I agree than everyone has blah days - alcoholic or not :)
Like Carol, I find doing something for someone else helps me greatly in those times :)

D

PaperDolls 07-15-2011 02:37 PM

Awesome!! Keep at it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/jenmarks/hi.jpg

instant 07-15-2011 03:07 PM

Well done. I hope to follow in your footsteps. I am glad you are still able to make a better contribution to the success of your company.

checkmate1 07-15-2011 11:09 PM

congratulations 6 months is a huge effort, accomplishment and commitment. Well done!

LotusBlossom 07-18-2011 07:35 AM

Thanks everyone for the wonderfully kind words!! :).
And quite an odd thought that I could "help someone" and "be an inspiration". Makes me feel even better that even in the anonymity of the internet there is still so much to be gleaned. Happy Monday to everyone!