SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Feelings of going crazy (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/222125-feelings-going-crazy.html)

horsebox606 03-12-2011 10:01 AM

Feelings of going crazy

I was off the drink for 14days, but decieded to have "a few" on thursday night which ended up in me getting plastered as usual I then woke up friday morning and went on an all day bender and drank about 14 pints of bulmers cider.

I then woke up this morning feeling like i was about to go crazy my mind all over the place and anxious and nervous for no real reason, a really horrible hangover, shakine, twitchy etc... I'm just wondering have any of you guys gotten hangovers like this fearing your going to lose control??? because its very frightening

suki44883 03-12-2011 10:05 AM

Well, you're not exactly feeling that way for no real reason. I'm sure it is connected to the fact that you drank 14 pints of Bulmer's cider. Your body is telling you that it doesn't appreciate that. If you feel the need, please go to the ER or consult a medical professional.

MsCooterBrown 03-12-2011 10:07 AM

I will raise my hand..been there. It is one of the best reasons to stay sober. I felt insane. Can't put thoughts together let alone words. Just lost. You know what helped me ..I would go to the park and walk. I would mow (in the summertime) to work it out..try going on a walk and drink ALOT of water. Vitamin Bcomplex works wonders. Keep this feeling near to you. It may help you from picking up again. I drank for alot of years but towards the end..what you are describing was what I went thru daily. Drank daily...hungover daily. Not sure why the anxiety increased to the level it did..but that was one of many clues that it was time for me to toss in the towel on my drinking career. Hang in there.

ZZworldontheweb 03-12-2011 10:08 AM

Sounds like withdrawl symptoms actually.

Anna 03-12-2011 10:17 AM

Please go to an ER or talk to your dr if you are concerned.

horsebox606 03-12-2011 10:25 AM

Its more so panicky thoughts then anything... it has happened before and the last number of times that i drank. Its the feckin booze thats causing it obviously, i dont know why i put myself through this, i always seem to get sucked back in.

CarolD 03-12-2011 10:31 AM

Do you now plan to quit drinking?

justdave 03-12-2011 10:32 AM

Yep. I had feelings of paranoia, panic, and the like when I was drinking, especially when I was lacking sleep. I felt like I was going crazy at times even contemplated suicide on several occasions.

Rift 03-12-2011 10:34 AM

Yep, I have totally felt like this before. Check out the worst hangover? thread. What you are describing is what I felt when I really went all out or drank for 2 days straight. Those kind of hangovers make you feel crazy. It sucks, no doubt. I guess it must be pure anxiety that make you feel this way. But no doubt it's the booze making you this way.

NobleCause 03-12-2011 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by horsebox606 (Post 2895660)
I then woke up this morning feeling like i was about to go crazy my mind all over the place and anxious and nervous for no real reason, a really horrible hangover, shakine, twitchy etc... I'm just wondering have any of you guys gotten hangovers like this fearing your going to lose control??? because its very frightening

Been there many, many times, and yes, it can be very scary. Vitamins, liquids, fresh air, deep breathing and hot baths were helpful to me in getting over it in the short term (and the mantra "no condition is permanent" on rapid repeat in my head). Tho it seems impossible while you're in the thick of it, it is easy to later on minimize or forget entirely how awful these feelings are - try not to. No condition is permanent, but this one is entirely avoidable. Good luck.

(And, of course, you know your body best - if you are concerned that you're truly not OK, get checked out ASAP.)

horsebox606 03-12-2011 10:56 AM

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated guys! i'm starting to feel a bit better compared to earlier on(touch wood). One thing is clear i have to seriously reconsider my drinking habits