Notices

Feelings of going crazy

Old 03-12-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feelings of going crazy

I was off the drink for 14days, but decieded to have "a few" on thursday night which ended up in me getting plastered as usual I then woke up friday morning and went on an all day bender and drank about 14 pints of bulmers cider.

I then woke up this morning feeling like i was about to go crazy my mind all over the place and anxious and nervous for no real reason, a really horrible hangover, shakine, twitchy etc... I'm just wondering have any of you guys gotten hangovers like this fearing your going to lose control??? because its very frightening
Old 03-12-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Well, you're not exactly feeling that way for no real reason. I'm sure it is connected to the fact that you drank 14 pints of Bulmer's cider. Your body is telling you that it doesn't appreciate that. If you feel the need, please go to the ER or consult a medical professional.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I will raise my hand..been there. It is one of the best reasons to stay sober. I felt insane. Can't put thoughts together let alone words. Just lost. You know what helped me ..I would go to the park and walk. I would mow (in the summertime) to work it out..try going on a walk and drink ALOT of water. Vitamin Bcomplex works wonders. Keep this feeling near to you. It may help you from picking up again. I drank for alot of years but towards the end..what you are describing was what I went thru daily. Drank daily...hungover daily. Not sure why the anxiety increased to the level it did..but that was one of many clues that it was time for me to toss in the towel on my drinking career. Hang in there.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like withdrawl symptoms actually.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please go to an ER or talk to your dr if you are concerned.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its more so panicky thoughts then anything... it has happened before and the last number of times that i drank. Its the feckin booze thats causing it obviously, i dont know why i put myself through this, i always seem to get sucked back in.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Do you now plan to quit drinking?
Old 03-12-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yep. I had feelings of paranoia, panic, and the like when I was drinking, especially when I was lacking sleep. I felt like I was going crazy at times even contemplated suicide on several occasions.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yep, I have totally felt like this before. Check out the worst hangover? thread. What you are describing is what I felt when I really went all out or drank for 2 days straight. Those kind of hangovers make you feel crazy. It sucks, no doubt. I guess it must be pure anxiety that make you feel this way. But no doubt it's the booze making you this way.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by horsebox606 View Post
I then woke up this morning feeling like i was about to go crazy my mind all over the place and anxious and nervous for no real reason, a really horrible hangover, shakine, twitchy etc... I'm just wondering have any of you guys gotten hangovers like this fearing your going to lose control??? because its very frightening
Been there many, many times, and yes, it can be very scary. Vitamins, liquids, fresh air, deep breathing and hot baths were helpful to me in getting over it in the short term (and the mantra "no condition is permanent" on rapid repeat in my head). Tho it seems impossible while you're in the thick of it, it is easy to later on minimize or forget entirely how awful these feelings are - try not to. No condition is permanent, but this one is entirely avoidable. Good luck.

(And, of course, you know your body best - if you are concerned that you're truly not OK, get checked out ASAP.)
Old 03-12-2011, 10:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated guys! i'm starting to feel a bit better compared to earlier on(touch wood). One thing is clear i have to seriously reconsider my drinking habits