SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   baldjim saying by for now wish me luck please (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/181524-baldjim-saying-now-wish-me-luck-please.html)

NewBeginning010 07-31-2009 12:11 PM

Alcoho Free Vacations?

(opps...I meant for this to be a new post, I will leave it up anyway ;-) After reading about one of our members going away on a vacation & being worried about all of the partying etc. (alcohol) I started to wonder what/if there are alternatives out there.

Has anyone been to an alcohol free resort or vacation?

Any thoughts or experiences that you would like to share?

I found this one site but was surprised that there didn't seem to be a lot of options.

Thanks for sharing.

NB

jamdls 07-31-2009 12:25 PM

Be strong and be proud!!

Mattcake 07-31-2009 12:27 PM

...maybe the drinking part of the vacation is less than ideal but then, alcohol is *everywhere*. Your GF's gesture is very nice :)

of course this is going to be very hard and very tempting
This is not necessarily a given :wink: The temptation might be there, but hopefully you'll be able to make it easier on yourself by not expecting the worst. Don't just make the best of the situation, rather.. try to change your reality by changing your expectations. You can do it :) Have a great, safe trip.

yeahgr8 07-31-2009 12:46 PM

Alarm bells are ringing baldjim! You are going to see a lot of the behaviour around you that you will subconciously identify with and this is going to cause all sorts of emotions, anger, sadness etc...watch for that and take time out to be by yourself whenever. Better to come back in 2 weeks and posting about how everyone thought you were a miserable **** than a yep im back at day one thread!

Luck won't help you for this IMO but i wish you it anyway:-)

Dee74 07-31-2009 02:21 PM

hey Jim

Not gonna lie to you - Cyprus is a big ask this soon - but I hope to see you back here in 2 weeks still sober throughout.

Have a great break
D

Wolfchild 07-31-2009 02:33 PM

May the God of your understanding keep you safe
and continue to lovingly guide you in your recovery.

i hope that you will carry a true message of sobriety
in your heart and in your all actions during this time.

Have a great time and don't forget to pray for help!!
~Gary W.

baldjim 07-31-2009 03:20 PM

thank you all very much for your kind words

i will tell you this

JIMBO WILL NOT BREAK HIS SOBER LIFESTYLE END OF :c032:

i have just had the worst news about one of my children a man can have :c021:

its crumble or rumble

i need to be the strongest man i can ever be

after all i have been through in my life i really could not of expected this out of a ten for bad its a ten :praying

gravity 07-31-2009 03:40 PM

Jim, I'm praying for you & your family.

Stay strong.

Don

Astro 07-31-2009 03:49 PM

Prayers going out Jim.......

Charmie 07-31-2009 03:50 PM

jim im so sorry to hear of your bad news.please take care.i admire your resolve.will be waiting to see holiday snaps when you get back!

traderjane 07-31-2009 04:41 PM

Jim... the very best to you on your trip. Stay strong.

Laura

smacked 07-31-2009 04:51 PM

Jim, all my positive thoughts are going to you and your family right now. Check in when you can, we're here.

Dee74 07-31-2009 05:27 PM

Prayers out to you Jim, and your family.

D

nocoincidence56 08-01-2009 06:41 AM

Jim, you are in our/my prayers. I don't know what happened but it sounds devastating. Know this, you are not alone now and will not be so long as you stay in your recovery. We are all here for you. Don't know how this affects your vacation plans but I would reconsider them. From such emotional upheaval, going into a party environment could have even more devastating consequences. I would not offer this had I not seen and witnessed similar circumstances and results. I know it is easy to default to "now is a good time for a vacation", get away and process/decompress; yes, but maybe somewhere else less conducive to drinking.....:candle:

TakingCharge999 08-01-2009 12:11 PM

Jim i am not an alcoholic but you have helped me "get" an ex and I have read your threads in different forums.

I know you have suffered a lot through your life.

Alcohol is not a solution as you have seen.
If possible in your holiday, when they get drinks at night why don't you go elsewhere? I mean you can walk around or plan something different by yourself or with the gf- you don't HAVE to go along and I agree if these are FRIENDS you can ask them not to invite you any drink or anything...

All the best to you

baldjim 08-04-2009 12:17 AM

thanks for all your kind replies

i will be back on the 14th

things are gonna get very very bad

i'm going to need some good friends

i'm not drinking and will not drink

i'm going to need to be strong in the months/years ahead

thanks once again jim x

Dee74 08-04-2009 12:34 AM

My thoughts go with you Jim.
See you when you get back.

D

baldjim 08-05-2009 07:45 AM

fantastic news:a122:

the results on my childs second test have come back as a false positive

the third test has come back negative my child will live

i dont neeed to tell you guys what that means to me

i have carried one of my childrens coffin to the grave doing it again does not bare thinking about

i'm over the moon :a122:

see you guys later i have a sober holiday to enjoy

thanks to all of you for your support :You_Rock_

Astro 08-05-2009 07:49 AM

Thanks for sharing your good news with us Jim, hope you have a fantastic sober vacation! :c014:

tigers13 08-05-2009 07:55 PM

Fantastic news Jim! :scoregood