SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Your sober time..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/169960-your-sober-time.html)

coffeenut 02-21-2009 10:55 AM

Your sober time.....

I am not sure what I'm after, here....

Just read mpr's awesome post of setting a time for sobriety and then nailing that most excellent goal!

As I was reading I didn't recognize a lot of posters. So, I guess I would like to know the average amount of sobriety a person has that takes advantage of SR at any given moment?

Also, how long has SR been available? I think I should probably just pm Carol, but I've never been known for doing things the easy way. I'm also known as a most excellent thread killer, so if this thing sinks like a rock, I can handle it. :)

WLDKATZ 02-21-2009 10:58 AM

today I am 621 days clean

coffeenut 02-21-2009 10:59 AM

Thanks, Katz. How long have you used SR?

yeahgr8 02-21-2009 11:00 AM

4 and a half months almost bout 140, i've come from counting every day to switching to months now, which is nice;-)

Kellye C 02-21-2009 11:04 AM

My sobriety date is August 8, 2004 so I just hit 4.5 years sober. I found SR in August of 2005 when I was looking online for ideas to find speakers for our AA group. I had taken on the responsibility of speaker representative of our group and had to get speakers twice a month.

I wish I had known it existed when I first got sober but SR has seen me through some trying times in sobriety, some confusing times, some sad times and some very happy times. I've seen members come and go.... and sometimes come back!

I have benefitted greatly from the ones further along the road of recovery than me who know how to let me know with love when I am off the beam as well as the ones coming in fresh letting me know that things are just as bad out there now as they were when I first got sober and I don't need to go back out there and do any more "research".

SR is a lifeline, that is for sure. Just not sure how long it has been here.

coffeenut 02-21-2009 11:11 AM

I have benefitted greatly from the ones further along the road of recovery than me who know how to let me know with love when I am off the beam as well as the ones coming in fresh letting me know that things are just as bad out there now as they were when I first got sober and I don't need to go back out there and do any more "research".

Yeeeeeees! I so agree with this.

TryingSoHard 02-21-2009 12:00 PM

I will be 5 months sober on March 1. Like yeah, I'm not really thinking about days anymore. :) That's nice. And I can always use the sober calculator if I get curious! LOL

I started using SR in mid-August 2008 and I was still drinking at the time. I was sick of myself and had reached the point where I knew I needed to quit but my "attempts" at quitting on my own were failing. I was still trying to convince myself that I wasn't an alcoholic and didn't REALLY need to quit... I just needed to tone it down for a while and then I'd be ok. When I found SR (through some Google search I don't even remember), I spent the rest of the day reading and crying. While my "fears" about having a drinking problem were confirmed, I felt an overwhelming sense of relief that I was no longer alone.

I kept drinking on and off for about 6 weeks after I joined. When I joined, I hadn't even told my husband about my problem or my desire to quit, either. I told him about 4 weeks in. I drank once more after I told him and that's been it.

I honestly don't think I could have done it without the help of SR.

Thank you, coffeenut.

Bamboozle 02-21-2009 12:02 PM

71 days...I found SR about a year ago, but didn't register until several months later.

Celebration1994 02-21-2009 12:53 PM

Clean and sober date... 6/10/1994

flutter 02-21-2009 01:02 PM

I don't count, my sober date is under my user name thingy, 60+ish days.
I found SR in September, the day I was released from the ER after going in with a .568 BAC before noon, and realized I needed to reach SOMEONE immediately. Picked up/quit/picked up again til 12/18/08, the day after I almost lost my job from showing up intoxicated and smelling like the bottom of a Vodka bottle. Finally got it.. and here I am now :)

serenityqueen 02-21-2009 01:15 PM

coffeenut, I have never thought of you as a "threadkiller"

I proudly display my Sobriety Date in the signature portion of my posts, 7/25/05. I've worked very hard for my Recovery and am extremely proud of it!

I joined SR back in Sept of 2007, right after I got my computer. I had found SR a year or so earlier when I was at the library on the Internet. . good old Google!

Peace,
Judy

SummerSkye 02-21-2009 01:29 PM

I'm 40 days sober/clean today. I joined Sr a few days after quitting after I found this site when googling for info on alcohol withdrawal, the help, support and information I have found here has enabled me to start a new life:c009:

Freedom1990 02-21-2009 01:59 PM

Clean/sober date is August 5, 1990. I've been coming to SR since February of last year.

navysteve 02-21-2009 02:11 PM

10-15-1989. I found this wonderful little site about May of 2008

gmaklay 02-21-2009 02:27 PM

Fifty Days and countin...

Just drove a float in my first sober Mardi Gras parade since I was a boy!!! Just drank root beer and water... wuzn't bad at all, got to watch plenty of people drunk thinking... wow, so that is what I looked like. One guy fell off his horse on the blacktop.

CarolD 02-21-2009 06:51 PM

Well....:)
Thanks to God and AA
my sobriety date is 4-25-89.

I begin using on line recovery sites in '92.

ISR came on line Sept. 17-00

I joined in June 02 ....it's been my cyber home group
:yup: it's a vital supplement to my f2f recovery journey.

The greatest thing about SR?
Our members..:ghug

24hrsAday 02-21-2009 07:10 PM

i got just over 2 years sober now.. longest i've ever been sober!

tellus 02-21-2009 07:19 PM

Today I have 405 days, according to the sobriety calculator. I joined SR a few months before I actually got sober.

Astro 02-21-2009 08:50 PM

Feb. 21, 2005. 1,460 days ago. It's been an amazing 4 years.