SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   I gotta do this-i have a really bad feeling this time (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/164269-i-gotta-do-i-have-really-bad-feeling-time.html)

Pam08 12-16-2008 07:05 AM

Welcome to SR Jh. I too was a binge drinker, figure i binged every other day or so because my body couldn't handle that daily, I would prob. be dead right now.

I blacked out most every time, luckily I drank at home so the worst was done by myself, but I talked onphone and never remembered who and what was said...

Symptoms I had when I was drinking, which have gone now. Racing heart, back aches, shaking/trembling hands, lips would go numb, numbness in my feet, lots of eye aches, mabye really headaches. I heard that back aches are caused by dehydration but haven't looked it up personally.
All I know is that all of this has gone away and I feel so much better physically.

You should see your doctor, tell him about the symptons so he can monitor them. Also detoxing can be dangerous so make sure you have someone there by you.

Good luck and am sure you will see all of these symptoms disappear with sobriety

jh1 12-16-2008 02:21 PM

sup guys, Yea classical I'm always down to add some friends because i know im going to have to be on here quite a bit some nights because i live alone. It is amazing how many people out there really do have the same habits as me and it feels good to relate. Today for me was amazing. I finally felt enough energy since my binge ended last tuesday night/wed morn to go to the gym-i still walked in with the fog i guess, just lightheaded and just made sure i got through the workout-walked out about noon to the sun shining and felt finally normal again. Thank god. Now is the hard part, I realized how hard getting to two weeks, a month , etc. is going to be when alcohol is so easily accessible any time. Us alcoholics have a nasty part of our mind that loves to play tricks on us, and as time goes by has us forget all the shittty things we've done to our bodies and other people and how we have felt after. Its a nasty trick, and usually gets the best of me, but im gonna fight it tough this time. :buttkick:

Shellbear 12-16-2008 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by jh1 (Post 2025834)
sup guys, Yea classical I'm always down to add some friends because i know im going to have to be on here quite a bit some nights because i live alone. It is amazing how many people out there really do have the same habits as me and it feels good to relate. Today for me was amazing. I finally felt enough energy since my binge ended last tuesday night/wed morn to go to the gym-i still walked in with the fog i guess, just lightheaded and just made sure i got through the workout-walked out about noon to the sun shining and felt finally normal again. Thank god. Now is the hard part, I realized how hard getting to two weeks, a month , etc. is going to be when alcohol is so easily accessible any time. Us alcoholics have a nasty part of our mind that loves to play tricks on us, and as time goes by has us forget all the shittty things we've done to our bodies and other people and how we have felt after. Its a nasty trick, and usually gets the best of me, but im gonna fight it tough this time. :buttkick:

This is so true jh! Alcohol is quite the mind teaser. It's so easy to fall back into those patterns especially living alone. We can do it though! Every minute, hour, and day is a victory. Every time we say no, we are winning. Stay strong and always remember why you view your alcoholism as a problem in the first place. That is what I am trying to do and at least for now, it's working. :You_Rock_

jh1 12-17-2008 11:05 AM

Man, how good does it feel to have the energy and drive to go work out and do it sober with a clear head-such a better feeling. Well, got over my Week1-its been awhile since ive done a week...given a lot of last week i was withdrawing pretty bad, but either way i guess I did it. Here's to 10 days then 2 weeks. F u alcohol , ha.

Brandeeno 12-17-2008 11:38 AM

I'm on 8 days myself Bro...............keep it up.

Going on my first date in about a month tonight. I can't remember the last time I went out without putting down at least a 1/2 pint first, so it's going to be tough.

But practice makes perfect, right?

I might even try the yuppy Starbucks routine after dinner.........anything beats the bar :)

jh1 12-17-2008 07:26 PM

LOL-brandeeno-starbucks thing would be funny. Man, im the same way, if im going out on a date (especially a first date) there's no way Im going out without a little something just to open up the conversation and take the edge off. I can't do any dating right now, but props to you. Hopefully everything went good. Class, yea I agree working out is definitely one of my main deterrents. It makes me think about the bad things im doing to my body by drinking. And helps resist the urge. Tonight I kind of want to go get something, but I'm not going to. Over it. Cuz i know if i do ill be drinkin tomorrow and prob the next day. So no way. And your right about it only getting worse, it does, much worse. Your early drinking would've turned into full day drinking, then prob to the next day cuz you dont want the hangover, etc, etc. Definitely happened to me. But, yea good work guys, lets keep rolling-i really want to hit that two week thing, then i heard that it gets easier to pass that liquor store because you start getting used to it instead of being used to pulling in everytime you pass.

Shellbear 12-17-2008 09:03 PM

Good job on not giving in to your cravings jh! Every day we get stronger! I'm proud of your 8 days you're doing great! I look forward to seeing your 2 week anniversary that will be quite exciting!
Perhaps we can have an SR party LOL (with coffee!) hehe.

jh1 12-17-2008 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Shellbear (Post 2027344)
Good job on not giving in to your cravings jh! Every day we get stronger! I'm proud of your 8 days you're doing great! I look forward to seeing your 2 week anniversary that will be quite exciting!
Perhaps we can have an SR party LOL (with coffee!) hehe.

Haha-im down! I might bring some redbulls to the party, woohoo

Shellbear 12-18-2008 03:42 PM

Hey jh,

Just wondering how you're doing today? Update please! :kitty:

jh1 12-18-2008 05:00 PM

Today has been great. I feel really good, i think this is my ninth day after its over. I had a few thoughts about getting drunk but had so many reasons why not to, so it wasn't too hard. This weekend will probably be tougher, but i already turned down going out a few times so though it might be a boring weekend it will be a sober weekend. Second in a row-wow, haha, haven't done this for a long time. Hows your day been? Hopefully your feeling great besides the lightheadedness and prob low energy. Soon to pass, keep going :slider3: these smilies are funny

Shellbear 12-18-2008 05:19 PM

Hey, I'm glad to see you! Yes, the smilies are amusing huh? lol. Glad to hear you're feeling good! You will get through the weekend just fine I think! You have come too far! Come here if you feel that you can't resist, I know I do whenver I get that feeling!
How was my day? Well I am feeling well, aside from the low energy and stuff. Day was typical. Went to work, wanted to punt my boss, got through the day, made it home (without a trip to the liquor store :Xmaste )
All is well at the moment. If I get to stay home tomorrow because of the snow my week will be complete! lol.

jh1 12-18-2008 05:32 PM

LOL-bad bosses are the worst. How many days you at now shell? 4 or 5 right? That would be sweet if you get the day off tomorrow though-I love winter weather even though down here in southern california the most we get is rain every once in awhile. Love the snow. And yea ill be on here tomorrow night, thats almost a guarantee, haha. By the way that tattoo is very nice, i like it .

Shellbear 12-18-2008 05:37 PM

Today is day 4. (YAY!) I only love winter weather when it gets me out of work :winterc (lol i'm so corny with these smilies!) I'm glad to hear you will be here tomorrow night. That's the best choice you can make!
Thanks for the compliment.... it is the one I have that means the most to me actually.... (I have 4.)

CarolD 12-21-2008 10:34 AM

Glad to see y'all making progress....:funjump:

Keep in focus...you too can win over alcohol!

jh1 12-21-2008 01:16 PM

Whats up everyone. Well, made it through a pretty boring weekend and 11 days sober now. Feel pretty good, I really think I can probably make it to new years eve no problem-that on the other hand is going to be very hard to pull off.

Class, personallly I can't be around drinkers yet because my whole addiction started with years and years of going out, socializing, and drinking with my friends-then it turned into drinking alone also. It's pretty much a habit when I go out with my friends to drink, all my good friends drink. So for right now I've had to deny multiple invites because I just don't trust myself out around my friends at a bar or club or wherever. I'm sure with time I'll be able to hang out around drinkers but for now, doubt it.

Carol-thanks again for caring so much about everyone and checking in

I told my parents the other night at dinner i was taking time off from drinking but told them i was doing it for working out and to just stay healthier-which is true-but doubt I'll ever tell them im an alcoholic-just my decision though. But hope you all are doing awesome, and staying away from the booze. Keep it up