SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Day 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/127406-day-1-a.html)

needtobefree 07-01-2007 06:11 PM

The good news, I went to see the local health authority drug and alcohol support group this morning, had an assessment, have my GP onto meds to help the withdrawals and am signed up for a workshop on Weds night. Day by day I can do this :0)

ladylacewing 07-01-2007 09:37 PM

I'm new too! Day three...

Welcome!

Hugs
Kris

needtobefree 07-01-2007 09:41 PM

Hey thanks - it's great to meet you :0)

parentrecovers 07-02-2007 07:26 AM

so many newcomers! fantastic! blessings, k

Tazman53 07-02-2007 08:08 AM

Congrats on starting a new life of sobriety.

The worst part for me for years was not the getting sober, that was actually the easy part...... the staying sober is what messed me up!!! Before AA I had reached the point where I had to drink just to feel normal! I spent 10 years trying to stay stopped, some times I could last a month, but some how always would up drinking again, you name the reason, it was a reason to start again!!! Heck one of my best reasons to drink again was because I had not drank in a week!!!

Not drinking was one thing for me, living life without drinking was the bear!!!

Thanks to AA I now know how to live life on lifes terms and am happier then I have been in over 30 years!!!

The best thing about AA for me is helping other alcoholics get and stay sober!

needtobefree 07-02-2007 05:13 PM

Thanks again :0)

Day 4, I can hardly believe it, can't wait to get to day 7.

Tazman it's lovely to hear about your recovery process, it's inspiring to hear how people are sober, no matter what route they take. Thank you for your reply!

meteorite 07-02-2007 05:18 PM

well goodluck i hope you have a better time with it than ive been having, ive practly been drinking everyother day since i last posted here, i really cant believe how terribly hard it is to quit. and of course i got banned off another message board because of my potty mouth, i just dont get it. everytime i always tell myself im not going to drink and it just does not do any good.

needtobefree 07-02-2007 05:49 PM

Hi, it's a process eh, you'll find something that works for you if you really want to. Beating yourself up isn't going to help. I was drinking every other day if not every day for the last 10 months, my body is suffering now, there's no way I want to go through the detox process again. Maybe if you try it you'll feel the same way - maybe feeling this rough will be a motivator for me not to try it again :0)

meteorite 07-02-2007 05:55 PM

thanks. i know i can quit, i just have terrible motivation, plus theres nothing to do where i live so i just figure i'll get drunk. good luck in yer recovery

needtobefree 07-03-2007 10:41 PM

Thanks, you too :0)