SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   I keep falling and it keeps getting worse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/117554-i-keep-falling-keeps-getting-worse.html)

parentrecovers 03-13-2007 11:27 AM

hello yadude - i have a daughter 6 plus months sober. she goes to aa and has a sponsor. she tends to have cravings when she's bored or idle. so she always writes out a plan at night for the next day - what she wants/needs to accomplish/do for fun the following day. on those "hard to stay sober days" - she really follows her list/plan. stay busy and stay sober! blessings, k

Tazman53 03-13-2007 11:28 AM

Look if you do not want to go by your self or want to talk to some one before you go call that hotline again, there are AA folks that would love to talk to you and even give you a ride to a meeting and go with you.

YaDude 03-13-2007 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by parentrecovers (Post 1245839)
hello yadude - i have a daughter 6 plus months sober. she goes to aa and has a sponsor. she tends to have cravings when she's bored or idle. so she always writes out a plan at night for the next day - what she wants/needs to accomplish/do for fun the following day. on those "hard to stay sober days" - she really follows her list/plan. stay busy and stay sober! blessings, k

thanks for the advice. actually i already plan out my whole week every sunday. i've done it for years. the problem is on the weekend when i drink i dont get anything accomplished.
but last weekend, for example, i didnt drink and i got a lot done and it felt good.

YaDude 03-13-2007 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tazman53 (Post 1245841)
Look if you do not want to go by your self or want to talk to some one before you go call that hotline again, there are AA folks that would love to talk to you and even give you a ride to a meeting and go with you.

cool thanks. i am going to see if a friend of mine wants to go with.

YaDude 03-20-2007 03:26 PM

I just thought i would let you guys know that i'm doing much better now. I haven't drank in 16 days. It feels so good waking up on Saturday and Sunday morning without a hangover. It feels similar to when I was a kid and couldn't wait to wake up on Christmas morning.

GrouchoTheCat 03-20-2007 06:14 PM

Hey Dude,

Thats a really good feeling.

Glad your sober, I have almost 4 months.

Amazing what I get done now.

Take Care,

Ted

Hush007 03-21-2007 02:40 AM

YaDude,

Congrats on your 16 days my friend. Things will get better and better as you progress! I love those hangover-free mornings as well! :)

Keep it up!

Philip

Tazman53 03-21-2007 04:51 AM

Congrats on the 16 days, every day sober things will get better.

CarolD 03-21-2007 04:56 AM

:cheer

parentrecovers 03-21-2007 06:36 AM

proud of you, dude! k

teej 03-21-2007 07:51 AM

YAYYY DUDE!!! Way to go!

Kristen E. 03-21-2007 09:28 AM

I understand how you feel. I will have a year on the 14th of April. Without AA I would still be out there. You mentioned you did not get a DUI . I hope somewhere you realize it is just a matter of time. We are toaught that we are powerless over the first drink. In AA we are given tools to handle the cravings. It does get easier and it amazing the differance getting off the rollier coaster makes. We have all been there trying to find an easier softer way to stop drinking. Truth be told there is no easier softer way. Please look in the phone book and call your local AA office. They can help

Good Luck and keep coming back to the forum.

GlassPrisoner 03-21-2007 10:11 AM

Yup Kristen, AA IS the Easier, Softer Way.

Way to go Dude ! Keep it up and hang on. It's a heck of a ride, but sooooo worth it !

YaDude 03-21-2007 11:22 AM

thanks guys, you're all awesome.

katwomankc 03-21-2007 11:27 AM

hey dude you dont have to do it alone. when you get to a AA meeting you wont feel nervous. everyone has felt that way one time or another. keep on hanging in there you can do it. i know you can
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/mi...smiley-093.gif