SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   I keep falling and it keeps getting worse (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/117554-i-keep-falling-keeps-getting-worse.html)

fraankie 03-07-2007 03:38 PM

go to AA
or
you will no longer have any place to go

best
fraankie

earlybird 03-09-2007 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by YaDude (Post 1235719)
I Then I woke up Saturday and drank all day. On Saturday night a cop took me home. I'm not sure how I got there but after leaving a friends house I guess I was parked on the side of a road.

I remember the cop being nice and driving me home. After he dropped me off and left I went to fridgerator and kept drinking.

I took a cab to my truck the next morning and drank all day Sunday again.
Anyway I ended up calling in sick to work again yesterday which doesn't look good.

The problem is by the time this weekend hits I wont feel depressed any more and will want to drink and have fun.

Reread your post. Then pay special attention the last line Ive quoted here. Does ANY of what you posted sound like FUN?????????

YaDude 03-09-2007 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by earlybird (Post 1239734)
Reread your post. Then pay special attention the last line Ive quoted here. Does ANY of what you posted sound like FUN?????????

Wow. I see what you mean. That doesn't sound like fun at all. I realize all the things I do in a weekend that are fun I could also do sober but without all the negative stuff happening around it.

Missymae737 03-09-2007 07:42 PM

Hello Dude,

Wishing you well on you journey to sobriety. TRY AA and stick around here! I think you are ready to change your life..

CarolD 03-09-2007 07:44 PM

realize all the things I do in a weekend that are fun I could also do sober but without all the negative stuff happening around it.
Yes!! Good idea!
And add an AA meeting too!

Hush007 03-10-2007 05:00 AM

Hey YaDude,...let us know how your weekend went!

YaDude 03-13-2007 08:28 AM

Hi everyone, on Friday I did call the AA phone number and found a meeting near my house. I was going to go but it was at 10:00pm and by then I went to sleep.
I did really good this weekend. I didn't drink at all and I got a lot accomplished. Its amazing how much stuff you can get done on the weekend when your not hung over.
So i'm really feeling good now but this weekend I think i'm going to find an AA meeting a little earlier.
I'm also going to the gym every day which really helps me not to drink because I hate drinking after I go to the gym.
This weekend is going to be a struggle but I think an AA meeting will help me.
Plus this website and you guys are really helping me. Thank you.

Hush007 03-13-2007 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by YaDude (Post 1245586)
Hi everyone, on Friday I did call the AA phone number and found a meeting near my house. I was going to go but it was at 10:00pm and by then I went to sleep.
I did really good this weekend. I didn't drink at all and I got a lot accomplished. Its amazing how much stuff you can get done on the weekend when your not hung over.
So i'm really feeling good now but this weekend I think i'm going to find an AA meeting a little earlier.
I'm also going to the gym every day which really helps me not to drink because I hate drinking after I go to the gym.

Way to go YaDude! You are making good progress. Don't worry about next weekend yet. Remember,... one day at a time.

Finding an AA meeting next weekend is a very good idea my friend. Thursday will be my second meeting and I'm really looking forward to it! ;)

Tazman53 03-13-2007 09:20 AM

Dude AA meetings are very similar to drinking only they are good for you, if one is good then more is better! You can never go to enough AA meetings.

YaDude 03-13-2007 11:06 AM

thanks guys. I'm still a little scared but i'm going to try and get to an AA meeting this weekend.

parentrecovers 03-13-2007 11:27 AM

hello yadude - i have a daughter 6 plus months sober. she goes to aa and has a sponsor. she tends to have cravings when she's bored or idle. so she always writes out a plan at night for the next day - what she wants/needs to accomplish/do for fun the following day. on those "hard to stay sober days" - she really follows her list/plan. stay busy and stay sober! blessings, k

Tazman53 03-13-2007 11:28 AM

Look if you do not want to go by your self or want to talk to some one before you go call that hotline again, there are AA folks that would love to talk to you and even give you a ride to a meeting and go with you.

YaDude 03-13-2007 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by parentrecovers (Post 1245839)
hello yadude - i have a daughter 6 plus months sober. she goes to aa and has a sponsor. she tends to have cravings when she's bored or idle. so she always writes out a plan at night for the next day - what she wants/needs to accomplish/do for fun the following day. on those "hard to stay sober days" - she really follows her list/plan. stay busy and stay sober! blessings, k

thanks for the advice. actually i already plan out my whole week every sunday. i've done it for years. the problem is on the weekend when i drink i dont get anything accomplished.
but last weekend, for example, i didnt drink and i got a lot done and it felt good.

YaDude 03-13-2007 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tazman53 (Post 1245841)
Look if you do not want to go by your self or want to talk to some one before you go call that hotline again, there are AA folks that would love to talk to you and even give you a ride to a meeting and go with you.

cool thanks. i am going to see if a friend of mine wants to go with.

YaDude 03-20-2007 03:26 PM

I just thought i would let you guys know that i'm doing much better now. I haven't drank in 16 days. It feels so good waking up on Saturday and Sunday morning without a hangover. It feels similar to when I was a kid and couldn't wait to wake up on Christmas morning.

GrouchoTheCat 03-20-2007 06:14 PM

Hey Dude,

Thats a really good feeling.

Glad your sober, I have almost 4 months.

Amazing what I get done now.

Take Care,

Ted

Hush007 03-21-2007 02:40 AM

YaDude,

Congrats on your 16 days my friend. Things will get better and better as you progress! I love those hangover-free mornings as well! :)

Keep it up!

Philip

Tazman53 03-21-2007 04:51 AM

Congrats on the 16 days, every day sober things will get better.

CarolD 03-21-2007 04:56 AM

:cheer

parentrecovers 03-21-2007 06:36 AM

proud of you, dude! k