Old 07-31-2006, 08:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Bobbybanned

A lot of good comments, people

Equus, you started a very fascinating thread here.
Initially, I thought I could relate to you to a large degree. I am no longer certain about my accuracey. Your responses to Mr. Blake's comments leave me wondering. However, I must say, when I read his initial reply, I agreed with him fully. The impression that your initial post gave, was well described by Blake.
Both of you are most likely smarter than I'll ever be, nevertheless, I too have found myself experiencing similar feelings that each of you described. I certainly was never an over achiever like Mr. Blake. the last grade I ever completed was the sixth grade. I did recently start college (after getting a GED) and discovered I am a decent student. Anyway, regardless of anyones individual history, there does seem to be an ego factor. (By the way Blake, what you described about yourself was extremely impressive. It was very honest.)
I guess I should make some attempt at making a point. My point is going to simply be a suggestion. Of course this is based on my interpretation which derives from my experiences. Equus, could it be that you do not trust your audience? Is it possible? Maybe, somewhere in the recesses of your mind you have concluded that it is necessary to provide all of the mind boggeling information that you provide.
I may be way out of line, way off topic, but if I may suggest that you take an approach that will simply provoke an interest by your audience. try to stick to the fundamental rules of informing and allow your audience to take it from there. If they want more, they will come for it. This last spring, my composition instructor reminded me that "less is more." I always over-explained myself because I had the notion that it was necessary in order to be understood. I never wanted to be misunderstood. I also found myself resenting those who didn't agree.
Equus, let it go. Let it go and allow your audience the opportunity to decide for themselves what to do with whatever it is you provide. From what I read about you, you are unique. Try not to get upset at others for not being as interested as you are.
I apologize if any of my comments are not appropriate to the point. I wrote this quickly so it may seem shoved. I just, well, I don't know, I just thought what I thought and well, now you know what I thought. (that was intelligent)

Bobby