View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 01:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Moontime
Groups, exercising their autonomy, are best suited to decide whether there is any necessity to have special interest meetings.
See here is where the problem lies I believe that when people are involved in there trusted servant positions, sometimes it is taken like they are in control of how things are operated and they then go and do things because they feel they have the authority to do something. That is not what they are there for they are there to represent the Groups. So many times I have seen such a POWER Play that it makes me just sick. That is also why it says that we should be careful on who we allow to represent the groups. Anyway thought I would throw that in because the first post was more on the I than the WE.
namommy I'm trying to get a feel for an idea my homegroup has. (actually, I would like to see my homegroup follow through with)

Since we can't have special interest meetings because they feel someone would be turned away for gender, I thought since my homegroup has 2 rooms available to it, and a 3rd room where we keep the coffee pot, that we could have a women's meeting in one room, and a men's meeting in the other. That way, we can have a special interest meeting without the possibility of someone being turned away.
Just my 2 cents

Also when we have a business meeting here, and we are voting on things, I make sure that I don't vote on any of it that way it isn't said that I am in control it is the group that votes not me.