View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 08:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pick-a-name

Starr: I'm a stay-at-home mom,too and haven't had a "paying job" to speak of for almost 25yr. For me "let go and let God" has nothing really to do with anything except for my willingness to trust and have faith in my HP and be willing to go/do what I was shown. (Not to say you don't need to be concerned,etc.my AH just divorced me,so I understand the practical aspects,too.) To take my hands off the addict (in this case HH) and concentrate on putting my focus on me and our kids. It is a process.just like getting to this place was. I don't know the answers or have a concrete plan and I think being willing to change is the way I can begin to little by little move in the right direction...one day at a time, just like my addicted loved one.

I pray to know God's will for my life and the courage and means to be willing to do it. Period. As I let go of lots of things......answers have a way of presenting themselves to me. Just my experience.

Sometimes it takes longer than I'd like.sometimes I feel rushed, but unlike my timing; God's timing is always perfect. Like I said,it's a process.........