View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 04:00 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
utopia

when i came and found recovery working in my life i initally wanted to share it with the world. i now believe attraction works better than promotion. yet that initial fervor of wanting to save and enlighten others with the 12 steps, namely my family, helped me to understand certain christians who preach their gospel, even unwanted and unwelcome. the intention to share deep inner healing. for me it goes hand in hand with spiritual but i accept others if they disagree for themselves. thats their business and my business is my business. somewhere in the CAL i remember reading we don't spend too mucht ime defining the higher power but make sure to have one (step 2). preachers and self-righteous religious peoples used to enrage me but i personally have reclaimed religion (religion is relationship with god) as my own. i think god however you understand him/her/it is a PERSONAL experience. i also remember that what irritates me about others is usally something within me. in the religious case it was partly family stuff but partly my own self-righteousness, an armor that only the strongest light can pierce. peace, amen.