Thread: vent
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 06:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
2dayzmuse
Paused

Do what you can. That is all you can do. I can relate to your problems. I was unemployed for two years and survived, paid 2 mortgages, etc. from cash advances off of credit cards. Stupid I know, but I was totally dysfunctional and was unemployable. Needless to say, I am in huge debt and my credit is ruined for now. Staying up at nights worrying about money isn't going to help change a thing. I quit doing that. I know longer worry about it. When the time comes, I will take care of what I can. The debt collectors are a pain, but they are just doing their job. You can tell them to not call you at work and they are supposed to obey that. I have been sober for a little over two years and I haven't even begun to whittle away my debt. I live pay check to pay check. In a few years I will have a mortgage paid off and then can set up a payment plan to clean up the wreckage of my past. That is all I can do. All the phone calls in the world can not muster up more money in my bank account to pay my debtors. I know it is frustrating. Don't let it get the best of you. Drinking will not solve anything. You've got to get away from the idea of using booze to escape. As you know...it doesn't work. Why create more problems?