Thread: Escapism...
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 08:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
jazpoppy
This catz gone wild!!!

Katy;

Welcome. I don't have many days sober, I'm not really qualified to give professional advice, and I don't know whether or not you are alcoholic or not, but I wanted to welcome you, and just offer a few suggestions to take or leave. My name is Jocelyn and I am an addict and an alcoholic, I have always been unsure if I'm alcoholic or not, but I have tested myself this way: I tried to go 30 days without a drink living my life the same as usual (not avoiding drinking friends/family, carrying on with daily life) and I found that I could not refuse the offer to drink, could not stop thinking about drinking, and if its in the house, could not avoid taking at least one or two drinks a day. If it wasn't in the house or I was told that I should not drink it, I would find a way, sneak it in the bathroom, sneak it in my parked car, etc... That to me is alcoholic behavior. Sometimes I can control how much I drink and other times I cannot. So those are the questions that you ask yourself: Can I control my drinking? Can I just have one drink and be satisfied? Can I go 30 days without a drink and not obsess about it? These test questions may help you find your answer. Only you can really determine whether or not you are an alcoholic. I hope you are not, but if you are and you want help, there is plenty of help out there plus there is this site SR is FANTASTIC!!! Take care Katy and I hope things turn out well for you, please keep us posted!

Love

Jaz