Thread: Almost 60 Days
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by shemp
i cant avoid them forever. I am still early in recovery and not really sure on how to handle when my friends want to go out. I am afraid that I will get caught up in the moment. What are some good ways to handle that moment?
Hi my name is Vic and I am an addict! Pleased and fortunate to be here clean and sober tonight that is for sure. I haven't had to take a drug (alcohol is a drug) since May 25, 2006 and for that I am eternally grateful.

I am in out-patient as well, I put myself in it because I knew that I had to do something different. You also are in out patient and they teach us to stay away from people, places and things. We don't need those people in our lives, especially in early recovery. If we hang out with them it has been my experience that I usually end up high. It isn't there fault, they are not bad people either, but we need to do whatever we can to stay clean.

You seem like you are doing wonderful, so remember to keep going to meetings, get and use a sponsor, don't drink or use no matter what, read the literature, work the steps and pray you butt off. We only have to do this deal for today! Just for Today, YOU and I, NEVER have to use again.

Love Vic