Thread: screwed up
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 12:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NYCGirl

Sorry I rambled, but I hope some of what I wrote helps. Check out the link at the bottom.

I from the JS too a little farther south. I wish I had listened too myself and not my demons when i was 23 and blacking out or 27 or 30 for that matter. Well i didn't. I guess I was kinda lucky I skated by always managing to get to work, to leave the party before anyone noticed how drunk I was.

Like having kids, I kinda sorta sobered up for a while, just a glass of wine two or three time a week while I was pregant I think the higher power made sure of that. My kids are healthy, but it seemed the older they got the more I got back into drinking, didn't have time to go out to bars any more, but it was worse, sneeking shots and covering up with a beer or two here, passing out on lawns, roaming the streets at 3:00 am after fighting with my husband and not remembering any of it. Well here I am 45 and I finally woke up and realized I more than just like to drink, I am an alcoholic and I needed to stop.

So here I am 44 days with a one day slip in there at about 1/2 way. I have not entirely change my life style and I hope it stays working for me, I still go to concerts, parties and do fun stuff, I would have to bury my head in the sand all summer not to, but I am really learning to like things better sober. I even rembered the Skynard concert I just went to.

I used to say why would you even go out in the boat with out beer, or why can't I drink on the beach... now I am starting to see that it's the things I like.

I hope you listen to your better self why you are still young, I think I mentioned this to you before you might want to try and get yourself into and Oxford house. it is not detox just a good clean place to live. there are a ton of ehm in Jersey. I have an ironic relationship with the orginization if you want PM and I''l tell you more.http://www.oxfordhouse.org/