Thread: screwed up
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jeff8330

screwed up

well, i had over two weeks under my belt without drink, i was regularly attending meetings, and generally doing well. i landed myself a job in the landscaping business. That lasted all of three days. It was friday night. My boss asked me to go out with him. I was leary at first, but didnt want to refuse since i was only 3 days on the job. I also didnt want to tell him i am in recovery for the exact same reason. well, to skip ahead, and i am now jobless and i dont know why. I blacked out dont remember what happened at the bar. I was doing well at first, drinking soda's and water, then he kept pressuring me to do shots with him. I resisted for a while, but then i thought, well maybe if i just do one, ill be ok and he will shut up about it. Well, you know what the alcoholic mind thinks, repeating the same behaviors and expecting a different outcome. well, i got the same outcome, i am now jobless again. Im not even so much worried about that, im more dissapointed in myself than anything else. this totally sucks, for once i wish i was something other than a **** up

too bad there isnt a smiley that depicts me kicking my own ass