Old 07-22-2006, 09:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Erin

Thank you...

I've made it through two out of three trigger nights. Yesterday I came from home from work with two invitations to go out. One was to meet a group of people at a pub. Another was a restaurant and then going to a lounge for a birthday (for someone I didn't know). I didn't go because I think it's too soon to put myself into situations like that.

However I came up home feeling depressed because it's Friday night and that's what people do (at least most of my friends do) go out.

Anyway I got a call around 8 from the friend that invited me to a pub and with her basically telling too (as I just ready to feel lousy at home) I went to her place and we went for a walk.

I'm on anti-depressants. Started taking them a week ago. I imagine they will kick in soon.

I know it's not the end of the world not drinking. I think it's just going to take some time with all this stuff. I think I drank because of fear of being alone and now I really am alone. The boyfriend is gone (which has been really hard - I've spoken to him everyday for over three years) and a few friends have dropped off. So just a lot of adjustments all at once.

Onward - I am bouldering (rock climbing) today which should kill because I'm not in the same shape as I used too.

Thanks for everyone's words of encouragement.

BTW - both friends know that I quit drinking and were very understanding.