Old 07-14-2006, 04:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
mertyl

Ok. I am gonna take a shot here and i am just gonna be blunt.

Hope- Everyone who suggests in the above posts to grab a sponser has been through this. I have not. But i do know that i have done some pretty rotten drunken things and said a lot of hurtful things. And the next day, when i was sober, i spent the day, before the next drink, thinking on how i could apologize. And most people would accept. But the longer it went on, such a repetive stage, the more my loved ones would either brush it off because they knew what was coming or not speak to me for a bit because they were tired of the same crap.
To me, it seems that this incident that you are speaking of was a one time thing. And it has hurt you to know that you hurt someone else, which is a great deal of unforgiveness in your self to carry around.

JUst my opinion: CAll your friend and leave a message: "Hi so and so, this is Hope. Listen, the last time i left a message for you, i was at a difficult spot and acted like a jerk and i didnt mean a word of it. I realize now that i am an alcoholic and am working so hard to make my life right. You will never know how much it hurts me to know that i hurt you and I just wanted to apologize because i miss our friendship and i know i was wrong. If you can find it in your heart to forgive myself and my actions and put aside the past, I would be happy to have my friend back."

If you dont receive an answer, you know that he is not ready to accept or that maybe he has his own issues to deal with. But it wouldnt hurt to try if makes your heart happy and it is genuinly upsetting you.

I wish you luck and i know you will be alright because you have strength and sobriety and you can do whatever you put your mind to.

mertyl