Thread: I am afraid
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 02:03 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
2many2count

Okay y'all....here goes.
Therapy went good. They put my husband on Lithium and he acts very calm for the moment. I was in the defensive mode yesterday and wasn't giving an inch. Our therapist asked that we make a contract for our file. In that contract she put that there would be no more alcohol on meds, that we would attend meetings at least 4 times a week, no more violence, if he felt violent he would have to leave,we would attend marriage counseling once a week and a private session once a week. Since his last episode there has been no drinking and no violence. We signed the contract and if he breaks it then there is no more marriage. The therapit asked me to give him this one last chance to redeem himself and I hesitated but finally agreed to it. So, I'm going to see how this works out. My first Alanon meeting tomorrow night then I can attend AA meetings with him because I'm a recovering addict and have been clean for 15 years. So that means we can go together and work the steps together. If this doesn't work I have made an alternate plan to get out.

I love you guys with all of my heart and soul,
2many2count